Norwich school wins double ‘exceptional’ education award
- Credit: Ormiston Academies Trust
A Norwich secondary school is celebrating after being recognised with two national ‘exceptional education’ awards.
City of Norwich School was rewarded for its curriculum design and professional learning with two awards from the national education organisation SSAT’s Framework for Exceptional Education.
When assessing the school, the moderator found the school, which is sponsored by Ormiston Academies Trust, was “making a difference to the lives of the children in their own school and in others across the city of Norwich and the Ormiston family.”
The school was also praised for how much it works with parents and its staff’s strong ethos of collaboration.
Headteacher Jo Philpott said: “I’m incredibly proud of this achievement, which is a real testament to our school community and reaffirms our main goal, which is to give our students an excellent and inclusive education, that then inspires them for the future.
You may also want to watch:
“I am especially pleased that it shows we are making a big difference not only to our students, but also to those in the wider community.”
- 1 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 2 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 3 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 4 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 5 Tenants battled 'extreme mould' for months
- 6 Childhood friends unite to launch barbershop together
- 7 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 8 New Turkish takeaway which cooks over coals shows how kebabs should be done
- 9 Pub relying on British public's resolve ahead of reopening outside space
- 10 Tributes paid to popular Avenue Middle School head who taught thousands of Norwich children