Norwich student secures National Youth Theatre place
- Credit: Ormiston Academies Trust
A Norwich sixth former is set to follow in the footsteps of Daniel Craig, Helen Mirren and Ed Sheeran after being invited to become a National Youth Theatre (NYT) company member.
Year 12 City of Norwich School (CNS) student George Potter has secured a place on one of the theatre’s highly sought-after summer courses for which more than 12,000 people initially applied.
George, who successfully completed a two-stage virtual audition, has dreamt of attending drama school from an early age.
He has also performed in all of the CNS musicals while his mother, a drama teacher, taught Sam Claflin who even used to babysit George when he was little.
George said: “Sam Claflin is someone I admire a lot. He really inspires the younger generation and because, like me, he comes from Norwich, it makes a career in the industry seem more achievable.”
You may also want to watch:
Once he has completed the summer course, George will become an NYT Company Member up until the age of 26, offering casting auditions and backstage positions on NYT productions and opportunities for TV, film and stage productions.
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 3 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 5 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 6 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 7 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Post Office at new location opening 78 hours a week
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus