Norwich student secures National Youth Theatre place
- Credit: Ormiston Academies Trust
A Norwich sixth former is set to follow in the footsteps of Daniel Craig, Helen Mirren and Ed Sheeran after being invited to become a National Youth Theatre (NYT) company member.
Year 12 City of Norwich School (CNS) student George Potter has secured a place on one of the theatre’s highly sought-after summer courses for which more than 12,000 people initially applied.
George, who successfully completed a two-stage virtual audition, has dreamt of attending drama school from an early age.
He has also performed in all of the CNS musicals while his mother, a drama teacher, taught Sam Claflin who even used to babysit George when he was little.
George said: “Sam Claflin is someone I admire a lot. He really inspires the younger generation and because, like me, he comes from Norwich, it makes a career in the industry seem more achievable.”
You may also want to watch:
Once he has completed the summer course, George will become an NYT Company Member up until the age of 26, offering casting auditions and backstage positions on NYT productions and opportunities for TV, film and stage productions.
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 3 Langleys toy shop building for rent for £45,000 a year
- 4 Campaigners angry as park hedge cut down for tennis court scheme
- 5 Glass smashed and racist graffiti sprayed onto Norwich house
- 6 'Unacceptable': Council hits out at soiled clothing left in public toilets
- 7 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 8 CCTV shows man who used stolen bank card at three Norwich stores
- 9 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 10 City centre street set to close at weekend