Ed Sheeran to headline Thetford Forest show
Former Next Big Thing winner Ed Sheeran has announced he will be headlining his biggest show so far in his home region this summer.
The chart-topping singer-songwriter will perform amongst the trees at Thetford Forest on July 12 as part of the Forestry Commission's series of summer concerts.
Ed Sheeran has established himself as a prolific live performer with hundreds of gigs under his belt, building a legion of fans in the process.
Following a succession of profile-raising EPs, his No 1 debut album '+' released last September has been a continuous fixture in the album charts and returned to the No 1 position at the beginning of 2012.
It has generated infectious hit singles like The A Team, Lego House, and You Need Me, I Don't Need You. Music industry accolades include 2011 Q Award for Breakthrough Artist and BBC Radio 1's Teen Awards best single for The A Team.
You may also want to watch:
Commenting on the forest date, Ed Sheeran said: 'I am delighted to confirm this gig as my only East Anglian show in 2012. It will be a forest first for me and I can't wait to get on stage amongst the trees and perform in such a unique place.'
Tickets for the show, priced �24 (subject to booking fee), will go on sale at 9am on January 13 on 03000 680400 or at www.forestry.gov.uk/music
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 5 This is where you can park for free in Norwich
- 6 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 7 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 8 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 9 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
- 10 New flights from Norwich Airport to Jersey