Ed Sheeran to headline Thetford Forest show
Former Next Big Thing winner Ed Sheeran has announced he will be headlining his biggest show so far in his home region this summer.
The chart-topping singer-songwriter will perform amongst the trees at Thetford Forest on July 12 as part of the Forestry Commission's series of summer concerts.
Ed Sheeran has established himself as a prolific live performer with hundreds of gigs under his belt, building a legion of fans in the process.
Following a succession of profile-raising EPs, his No 1 debut album '+' released last September has been a continuous fixture in the album charts and returned to the No 1 position at the beginning of 2012.
It has generated infectious hit singles like The A Team, Lego House, and You Need Me, I Don't Need You. Music industry accolades include 2011 Q Award for Breakthrough Artist and BBC Radio 1's Teen Awards best single for The A Team.
Commenting on the forest date, Ed Sheeran said: 'I am delighted to confirm this gig as my only East Anglian show in 2012. It will be a forest first for me and I can't wait to get on stage amongst the trees and perform in such a unique place.'
Tickets for the show, priced �24 (subject to booking fee), will go on sale at 9am on January 13 on 03000 680400 or at www.forestry.gov.uk/music
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station building thrown out
- 2 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 3 'How I made four million flipping council houses into luxury student digs'
- 4 Busy city Riverside roads to stay closed as transport hub works begin
- 5 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 6 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 7 Store still cordoned off with police tape two months after break-in
- 8 Farmers' market near Norwich set to reopen for the new year
- 9 See inside this three-storey home with city views on sale for £370k
- 10 In pictures: The history and changing face of St Stephens