Ed Sheeran to headline Thetford Forest show
Former Next Big Thing winner Ed Sheeran has announced he will be headlining his biggest show so far in his home region this summer.
The chart-topping singer-songwriter will perform amongst the trees at Thetford Forest on July 12 as part of the Forestry Commission's series of summer concerts.
Ed Sheeran has established himself as a prolific live performer with hundreds of gigs under his belt, building a legion of fans in the process.
Following a succession of profile-raising EPs, his No 1 debut album '+' released last September has been a continuous fixture in the album charts and returned to the No 1 position at the beginning of 2012.
It has generated infectious hit singles like The A Team, Lego House, and You Need Me, I Don't Need You. Music industry accolades include 2011 Q Award for Breakthrough Artist and BBC Radio 1's Teen Awards best single for The A Team.
You may also want to watch:
Commenting on the forest date, Ed Sheeran said: 'I am delighted to confirm this gig as my only East Anglian show in 2012. It will be a forest first for me and I can't wait to get on stage amongst the trees and perform in such a unique place.'
Tickets for the show, priced �24 (subject to booking fee), will go on sale at 9am on January 13 on 03000 680400 or at www.forestry.gov.uk/music
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 What next for The Birdcage in Norwich?
- 5 Norwich bar named among 30 best cocktail spots in UK
- 6 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 7 50,000 home plans go ahead but issues remain
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 Neighbours of award-winning council estate blighted by rubbish and rats
- 10 Car collides with bus near petrol station on Dereham Road