Ed Sheeran to headline Thetford Forest show
Former Next Big Thing winner Ed Sheeran has announced he will be headlining his biggest show so far in his home region this summer.
The chart-topping singer-songwriter will perform amongst the trees at Thetford Forest on July 12 as part of the Forestry Commission's series of summer concerts.
Ed Sheeran has established himself as a prolific live performer with hundreds of gigs under his belt, building a legion of fans in the process.
Following a succession of profile-raising EPs, his No 1 debut album '+' released last September has been a continuous fixture in the album charts and returned to the No 1 position at the beginning of 2012.
It has generated infectious hit singles like The A Team, Lego House, and You Need Me, I Don't Need You. Music industry accolades include 2011 Q Award for Breakthrough Artist and BBC Radio 1's Teen Awards best single for The A Team.
Commenting on the forest date, Ed Sheeran said: 'I am delighted to confirm this gig as my only East Anglian show in 2012. It will be a forest first for me and I can't wait to get on stage amongst the trees and perform in such a unique place.'
Tickets for the show, priced �24 (subject to booking fee), will go on sale at 9am on January 13 on 03000 680400 or at www.forestry.gov.uk/music
- 1 Quaint 'tucked away' house is for sale for the first time in almost 30 years
- 2 City pub 'full of life again' after busy opening weekend
- 3 See inside this £1.15m Bridgerton-style city centre period property
- 4 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 5 Reunion for workers from the historic city factory still going strong
- 6 Hidden city garden opening with live music and plant sale
- 7 Waiting game over fate of housing bid for former school playing field
- 8 Vandals smash charity dinosaur trail T.rex and leave kebab in its mouth
- 9 'Killer weeds infesting river are threat to life', warns boat boss
- 10 ‘Porn addict’ Norfolk doctor who secretly filmed women struck off