How to find out which Norwich restaurants are taking part in Eat Out to Help Out
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Diners can now find out which restaurants are taking part in the government’s Eat Out to Help scheme, which launches next week.
The government has launched a postcode tool to help diners find nearby eateries which are involved.
The initiative, which was announced earlier this month, will give people a discount of up to 50pc when eating or drinking soft drinks in a participating restaurant or other food establishment.
It will apply all day Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from August 3 to 31, in all parts of the UK not in a local lockdown.
The maximum discount available is £10 per person when you eat or drink in.
The government has launched a search tool to help you find the restaurants taking part within a five-mile radius of a given postcode.
You may also want to watch:
The government hopes the scheme will encourage families to eat and drink out, boosting the hospitality sector during a challenging period.
When using a central Norwich postcode, some of the independent restaurants taking part include Benoli, on Orford Street, Frank’s Bar on Bedford Street and Erpingham House on Tombland.
- 1 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 2 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 4 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 5 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 6 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
- 7 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 8 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 9 Grill van serving gourmet burgers and hot dogs gets residency at city pub
- 10 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
Others include Gem of Norwich, on Riverside, and Benedicts on St Benedict’s Street in Norwich.
Some branches of chain restaurants may not appear in searches, but the government has confirmed the chains which are taking part. They include:
• Bannatyne Health Club
• Burger King
• Caffè Nero
• Center Parcs
• Costa Coffee
• Côte Brasserie
• Five Guys
• Giggling Squid
• Gourmet Burger Kitchen
• Greene King
• Morrisons - Cafe and Barista Bar
• Patisserie Valerie
• Pizza Express
• Pizza Hut
• Pret A Manger
• Revolution Bars Group
• TGI Fridays
• The National Trust
• Turtle Bay
• Yo Sushi