‘I have never regretted a day with her’ - Couple to celebrate platinum wedding anniversary after meeting on cinema trips
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
A couple who met while travelling to and from the cinema will be celebrating their 70th wedding anniversary.
Leslie, 94, and Clarice Kidd, 92, from Easton, will be marking their platinum celebration on September 9.
Former farm labourer and lorry driver, Mr Kidd, who grew up in Honingham, met his future wife, Clarice Bugg, from Easton, in 1948/9 while they took the bus into Norwich city centre to watch films.
They married in 1950 at Easton church before moving to Colton.
The couple, who have two children, four grandchildren and one great-grandchild, moved to their Easton home, where they still live, in 1969.
Former domestic servant Mrs Kidd, who was a cook at Easton College for 23 years, said: “We always got on. We always have a laugh. I like to think I’m the boss with the cooking.”
Her husband said: “I have never regretted a day with her. She is so easy-going.”
- 1 From £35k to homeless: Why rough sleepers struggle to get a job
- 2 'Not our fault' - City man hits back on abandoned caravan after land dispute
- 3 Boss ordered to build road 15 years ago battles to clear name
- 4 Burglars smash way into Patisserie Valerie and nab cash
- 5 'I lived in the woods for 20 years': How Sean is starting new life
- 6 Car hits lamppost after two-car crash in Norwich
- 7 'Not worth it!': Councillor wants new bus lane ditched
- 8 'A palace reborn': Inside the £13.5m revamp of Norwich Castle
- 9 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 10 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station building thrown out