EastEnders star set to appear in Norwich Theatre Royal thriller
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Rita Simons, best known for playing Roxy in EastEnders, will return to the Theatre Royal stage in 2019.
The actress will star in Peter James' The House on Cold Hill from March 11 to 16 alongside BAFTA-nominated actor Joe McFadden who won Strictly Come Dancing in 2017.
Rita is no stranger to Norwich Theatre Royal as she recently performed as Paulette Bonafonte in the UK and Ireland tour of Legally Blonde.
The new play is based on the best-selling 2015 novel and tells the story of a family moving into a new dream home in the Sussex countryside only to discover the property is the stuff of nightmares.
Rita will play Caro Harcourt, the wife of Ollie Harcourt who is played by Joe McFadden whose credits include The Crow Road, Heartbeat and Holby City.
You may also want to watch:
The cast also includes actor Charlie Clements, Bradley in EastEnders, as Chris and Persephone Swales-Dawson, villain Nico Blake in Hollyoaks, as Jade, making her professional stage debut.
Rita said: 'I am really thrilled to be starring in the House on Cold Hill alongside such great actors as Joe, Charlie, Persephone and the rest the cast.
READ MORE: Local BAFTA-winning actor stars in thriller set in Norfolk'I could not put it down when I first read the script – it's a brilliant and modern day supernatural thriller that had me totally gripped and occasionally jumping out of my seat! I can't wait to see audiences hopefully have the same reaction to it, in theatres around the UK.'
- 1 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 2 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 3 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 4 Community in shock as murder investigation launched
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
- 7 Charity boss in battle with driver who keeps nicking loading space
- 8 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 9 Speed signs to FINALLY be installed at 'accident hotspot'
- 10 Veterans plan alternative Remembrance Service after council's is cancelled
Rita joined the EastEnders cast in 2007 as Roxy Mitchell with her sister Ronnie, played by Samantha Womack, as the pair moved from Ibiza to Walford to open a club.
Roxy was known for her party lifestyle and storylines included her marriages to Sean Slater and Alfie Moon, becoming a drugs mule and having a child with her sister's husband Jack Branning.
Rita left the show on New Year's Day in 2017 when her character drowned in a hotel pool with her sister.
The House on Cold Hill is the fourth play in Peter James' critically-acclaimed stage franchise following the sell-out successes of Not Dead Enough, and The Perfect Murder and Dead Simple which both entertained Norwich audiences on stage.
Tickets cost from £10 to £31 and can be purchased online or by phone on 01603 630000.