Busy city roundabout to close for rest of the week
- Credit: Archant
A roundabout on one of the busiest roads in and out of the city is to close tomorrow - and will not re-open until next week.
The Earlham Road/Farrow Road roundabout is to close to traffic in all directions from 9am on Thursday, November 21, remaining shut across the weekend.
The closure will allow for resurfacing of the road to be carried out, as part of an ongoing Transport for Norwich scheme.
It is part of the green pedalway scheme, a series of safety improvements for cyclists travelling in and out of the city, which have seen a swathe of roadworks put in place over several months.
A spokesman for TfN said: "We understand that the closure will be disruptive and frustrating for those affected and appreciate people's patience during this time.
You may also want to watch:
"Our contractor will be working shifts but will make every effort to keep the noise to a minimum between 11pm and 7am."
The roundabout will be closed in all directions from 9am on Thursday before re-opening in time for peak traffic on Monday, November 25.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 3 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 4 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 5 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 6 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 7 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 8 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 9 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 10 'They don't add up' - Mixed reaction to city development plans