Drum and bass extraordinaire Sub Focus is headlining The Nick Rayns LCR in Norwich
- Credit: Courtesy of The UEA, LCR
Sub Focus is headlining The Nick Rayns LCR on December 8 with support from Breakag, Kideko, Deep Trouble and GotSome.
Nick Douwma, better know as Sub Focus, is one of the biggest names in drum & bass, hitting the UK's Top 40 charts on numerous occasions throughout his career.
Born in Guildford, Surrey, he's been releasing music since 2003, with his self-titled debut album hitting the shelves in October 2009.
'Rock It/Follow the Light' was the track that saw him break into the Top 40 for the first time, gaining him his third UK Dance Chart No.1 whilst also being added onto the B-List of BBC Radio 1's playlist.
Initially known for air-punching, dancefloor dismantling drum & bass, Sub Focus has now become synonymous with music that draws from all corners of the electronic landscape, and has come to epitomise the 'anything goes' mantra of todays flourishing dance scene.
He's supported the likes of Australian drum & bass band Pendulum and produced the Example track 'Kickstarts' which was a huge success when it was released in 2010.
Sub Focus' career has also seen him headlining Glastonbury, rising through the ranks to become a major player in electronic music.
- 1 City pub 'full of life again' after busy opening weekend
- 2 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 3 Quaint 'tucked away' house is for sale for the first time in almost 30 years
- 4 Vandals smash charity dinosaur trail T.rex and leave kebab in its mouth
- 5 Mystery over how grotty sofa ended up on garage roof
- 6 Efforts step up to protect city park from development
- 7 Changes on the way for listed pub after plans given green light
- 8 Norfolk cheese restaurant is launching bottomless brunch this summer
- 9 Glimpses of Norwich week 25: a picture a day from a week in our fine city
- 10 Hidden city garden opening for one day with live music and plant sale
Fans can expect to be treated to amazing sound and visuals on the night at The Nick Rayns LCR.
Tickets for the show on December 8 are available for £19.25 from the UEA Box Office.