Drum and bass extraordinaire Sub Focus is headlining The Nick Rayns LCR in Norwich
- Credit: Courtesy of The UEA, LCR
Sub Focus is headlining The Nick Rayns LCR on December 8 with support from Breakag, Kideko, Deep Trouble and GotSome.
Nick Douwma, better know as Sub Focus, is one of the biggest names in drum & bass, hitting the UK's Top 40 charts on numerous occasions throughout his career.
Born in Guildford, Surrey, he's been releasing music since 2003, with his self-titled debut album hitting the shelves in October 2009.
'Rock It/Follow the Light' was the track that saw him break into the Top 40 for the first time, gaining him his third UK Dance Chart No.1 whilst also being added onto the B-List of BBC Radio 1's playlist.
Initially known for air-punching, dancefloor dismantling drum & bass, Sub Focus has now become synonymous with music that draws from all corners of the electronic landscape, and has come to epitomise the 'anything goes' mantra of todays flourishing dance scene.
You may also want to watch:
He's supported the likes of Australian drum & bass band Pendulum and produced the Example track 'Kickstarts' which was a huge success when it was released in 2010.
Sub Focus' career has also seen him headlining Glastonbury, rising through the ranks to become a major player in electronic music.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 What next for The Birdcage in Norwich?
- 5 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 6 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 7 Norwich bar named among 30 best cocktail spots in UK
- 8 Car collides with bus near petrol station on Dereham Road
- 9 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 10 Neighbours of award-winning council estate blighted by rubbish and rats
Fans can expect to be treated to amazing sound and visuals on the night at The Nick Rayns LCR.
Tickets for the show on December 8 are available for £19.25 from the UEA Box Office.