Drayton playgroup praised by inspectors
Steve DownesA Drayton playgroup has been praised for its 'warm, welcoming environment' in a positive Ofsted report.Little Monkeys Pre-School on Acres Way was rated 'good' by inspectors who visited on May 12.Steve Downes
A Drayton playgroup has been praised for its 'warm, welcoming environment' in a positive Ofsted report.
Little Monkeys Pre-School on Acres Way was rated 'good' by inspectors who visited on May 12.
The facility, which only opened last year and is open on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays during term time, operates from the single-storey village hall at Thorpe Marriott.
It has a maximum of 26 two to five year olds at any one time, with 32 youngsters registered at the moment.Inspectors said: 'Children clearly enjoy their time at the setting and make good progress in their learning.
You may also want to watch:
'Effective procedures ensure they are extremely safe, secure and their involvement in other settings is used well to promote continuity in their learning and care.
'The pre-school has developed a strong partnership with parents and involves them fully in all aspects of their children's learning and development.' The report added that children were 'happy, motivated and eager to learn', and praised staff for their 'sound knowledge' of the early years foundation stage.
- 1 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 2 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 3 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 4 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 5 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 6 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
- 9 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 10 Norwich man wanted by police
The inspectors said the pre-school needed to 'develop further the use of self-evaluation' and ensure that all policies and procedures were updated to reflect the early years foundation stage.
To read the full report, visit www.ofsted.gov.uk.