Drayton care home chef treated to special hotel day
A Drayton care home chef has been treated to a special cookery day at a prestigious hotel.
Linda Barney, of Brooklands care home, was one of nine chefs taken to Le Manoir Aux Quats Saisons in Oxfordshire by the group of care homes Carebase.
Together they enjoyed nutritional learning and experimentation at The Raymond Blanc Cookery School in the beautiful surroundings of his famous restaurant and hotel in Great Milton.
The day included lessons from the school's chefs, using fresh produce from the vegetable gardens of Le Manoir to help create delicious dishes that the chefs then enjoyed for lunch.
They also enjoyed a tour of the manor's gardens and greenhouses.
Particular emphasis was placed on teaching the chefs about how to make meals that are full of nutrition, use fresh ingredients, and have a great taste that are suited for the older generation.
They were also given tips on how to vary dishes easily, using seasonal produce to ensure a weekly menu is always interesting, enjoyable and cost effective.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station thrown out
- 2 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 3 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 4 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 5 Superhero City fan vows 'months of abuse' will not stop him
- 6 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 7 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 8 Revealed: All the places you can fly to from Norwich Airport this year
- 9 WATCH: Inside abandoned static caravan left to rot in city suburb
- 10 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
The final part of the experience was when they were challenged to put into practice what they had learnt and recreate their dishes for their residents.
Linda Barney said: 'The day at cookery school was absolutely amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience from beginning to end. I learnt different aspects of nutrition and enjoyed cooking with the ingredients from the gardens.
'I will incorporate information learnt from the day into meals at our care home.'
Nicola Coveney, managing director at Carebase, added: 'We have a great team of chefs at all of our care homes and wanted to do something special to thank them and enhance their skills.
'The Raymond Blanc Cookery School was the perfect solution – a fun day for them that taught them how to create some amazing new meals for the residents.'
She added: 'All the chefs had a wonderful day and the staff and residents are looking forward to tasting their wonderful culinary creations.'
Are you holding a special training day? Contact Richard Wood on 01603 772423 or email firstname.lastname@example.org