Drama group to follow Yellow Brick Road with Rackheath play
- Credit: Andrew Cliffe
The Rackheath Players will be following the Yellow Brick Road when they perform the Wizard of Oz at Rackheath Village Hall at the end of February.
The well-known musical adaptation of L. Frank Baum's novel The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, the film of which was produced by MGM in 1939, will include favourite musical numbers such as The Merry Old Land of Oz, Ding! Dong! The Witch is Dead and Over the Rainbow.
Last year marked the Players' 60th anniversary and saw them presenting the jukebox musical Return to the Forbidden Planet as well as Such Things Happen, a restaging of the very first play they performed in 1953.
Also performed were two contemporary plays, Find Me and Us and Them and Rackheath Youth Theatre's Musical Mash Up, featuring hits from the West End.
After a busy and successful Diamond Jubilee year, the Players decided to start their next programme with another popular musical, The Wizard of Oz.
This fantasy adventure is brought to life by a large cast, live music from the band and plenty of surprises and special effects, some of which are created with blue screen technology which presents a new challenge for the players.
Further productions are planned for summer and autumn and the Players would like to hear from anybody wishing to join them on stage or behind the scenes.
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 3 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 4 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
- 5 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 6 Woman with incurable cancer left devastated after car and jewellery stolen
- 7 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 8 Thorpe Road closes to all traffic as resurfacing work begins
- 9 Independent city store 'honoured' to be named UK's retailer of the year
- 10 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
The show will be performed at the village hall February 20, 21 at 7.30pm, with a matinee performance on Saturday February 22 at 2.30pm.
Tickets cost £7 each (£5 for over 60s/under16s) and are available from the box office by phoning 07552 086982, emailing email@example.com or via the Rackheath Players website: www.rackheathplayers.co.uk.
Tickets may also be purchased from Hair by Diane, 52b South Hill Road, Norwich, NR7 0NG.