Norwich will be 'On The Huh' at new monthly drag cabaret
- Credit: Dan Smith
Glitter, heels, giant wigs and eyelashes so big they are intangible.
It’s all going to be on offer in Norwich city centre next week and every month from now on.
Dan Smith, 26, and Brandon Chaskin, 25, are set to make the city more fabulous than ever with their company's brand-new event.
The night will be held at King Street's Last Pub Standing and is called 'Last Drag Standing'.
The Norwich duo have spent months perfecting their craft and now want to share it with their very own night out - and everyone is welcome.
On the Huh is a brand-new drag events company which is “delighted” to highlight local talent from Norfolk.
The company is led by Norwich based drag duo Bishy Barnabee and Anna Action.
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 Sweet Briar Road 'still on track' to reopen by end of May
- 4 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 5 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
- 6 £3,000 worth of beauty products stolen from Sainsbury's store
- 7 High-end boutique reopens in its former shop
- 8 Eight-bed detached house in NR3 up for auction for £300k
- 9 Woman with incurable cancer left devastated after car and jewellery stolen
- 10 We built this city: Meet the firm behind some of Norwich's famous landmarks
Bishy said “We are a drag couple who fabulously complement each other.”
“We genuinely have a fun time together when we perform,” Anna added.
The cabaret is set to take place in the Last Pub Standing’s outdoor area.
Bishy and Anna will be the hosts of the evening, promising to showcase new special guests every month.
The evening will consist of “fabulous performances, games and much more - just what we all need right now”.
"We're so excited to be bringing this brand-new drag show to the already fabulous Norwich scene. We'll be inviting all of our favourite performers along over the next few months for a camp ole time!" Bishy added.
Anna said: “The entertainment scene in the city has come back with a bang but we need your help to make it the success it can be.”
The very first instalment of this monthly cabaret takes place next week on September 22, doors open at 6pm and tickets are £10 each.
If you are a young person who has a story to tell or would be interested in having your voice heard in the paper, please contact Sophie Skyring via firstname.lastname@example.org