Dr. Dre’s hits to be performed by live orchestra in Norwich
- Credit: Ed Kavishe/Wikimedia
Dr. Dre fans are in for a treat as a live orchestral rendition of his classic 2001 album is coming to the city.
The event, presented by No Strings Attached, will celebrate the American rapper in style at OPEN Norwich on Saturday March 23.
The show merges a traditional orchestra with hip-hop and will be accompanied by DJs, lyricists and singers.
Although Dr. Dre himself will not be attending, you can expect a full rendition of 2001 and some of his other west coast classics.
Sarah Dempsey, Live Music and Events Manager at OPEN Norwich, said: 'At OPEN we love supporting the interesting and different in what we do, including live music, and what's more unique than an orchestra covering one of the biggest rap icons of all time?
You may also want to watch:
'It's been hugely successful all over the country and it's an amazing event that we're really excited to bring to Norwich.'
Doors open at 7pm and tickets cost £20.90 in advance plus booking free and can be purchased at opennorwich.org.ukThis is an 18+ event.
- 1 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 2 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 3 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 4 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 5 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 6 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 7 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 8 'Diabolical' - Fury over trees felled for road widening scheme
- 9 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week