Dozens of motorists caught in speeding crackdown
Victoria LeggettNearly 80 motorists were caught during a police clampdown on speeding drivers in the Aylsham area.Victoria Leggett
Nearly 80 motorists were caught during a police clampdown on speeding drivers in the Aylsham area.
Over the past few weeks officers from the town's safer neighbourhood team have carried out a number of speed checks in response to community concerns.
In total 20 drivers were given fixed penalty notices and another 59 received warnings.
Police particularly targeted Scottow Road and Norwich Road, Aylsham, as well as Hevingham, which were all identified as priority areas.
You may also want to watch:
Seven speeding tickets and 26 verbal warnings were given out in those areas alone.
The Aylsham SNT will continue its clampdown over the next three months focusing on Waterloo Road and Newton Road in Hainford, Blickling Road in Aylsham, and Hevingham.
- 1 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 2 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 3 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 4 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 5 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 6 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 7 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 10 Plans to remove crossing in £440k works branded 'crazy' by councillors
A recent priority-setting meeting also identified vehicle misuse in Aylsham and antisocial behaviour and vehicle nuisance, particularly on Hungate Street, as other crimes to be targeted.
The next priority-setting meeting is on Monday April 26 at 7pm at the Jubilee Family Centre, Norwich Road, Aylsham.
To contact Aylsham SNT, call 0845 456 4567 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.