Dozens of motorists caught in speeding crackdown
Victoria LeggettNearly 80 motorists were caught during a police clampdown on speeding drivers in the Aylsham area.Victoria Leggett
Nearly 80 motorists were caught during a police clampdown on speeding drivers in the Aylsham area.
Over the past few weeks officers from the town's safer neighbourhood team have carried out a number of speed checks in response to community concerns.
In total 20 drivers were given fixed penalty notices and another 59 received warnings.
Police particularly targeted Scottow Road and Norwich Road, Aylsham, as well as Hevingham, which were all identified as priority areas.
You may also want to watch:
Seven speeding tickets and 26 verbal warnings were given out in those areas alone.
The Aylsham SNT will continue its clampdown over the next three months focusing on Waterloo Road and Newton Road in Hainford, Blickling Road in Aylsham, and Hevingham.
- 1 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 2 Team behind Norwich restaurants reopen closed hotel
- 3 Norwich pub welcomes eight new street food vendors
- 4 Heron dies after being shot six times with air gun in Norwich
- 5 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 6 Restaurant boss U-turn after row over trial shift pay
- 7 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
- 8 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 9 Pair led to safety after 'taking refuge' in fire-hit house
- 10 Pedestrian crossing must be in before Aldi store is built, say officers
A recent priority-setting meeting also identified vehicle misuse in Aylsham and antisocial behaviour and vehicle nuisance, particularly on Hungate Street, as other crimes to be targeted.
The next priority-setting meeting is on Monday April 26 at 7pm at the Jubilee Family Centre, Norwich Road, Aylsham.
To contact Aylsham SNT, call 0845 456 4567 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.