Dozens of motorists caught in speeding crackdown
Victoria LeggettNearly 80 motorists were caught during a police clampdown on speeding drivers in the Aylsham area.Victoria Leggett
Nearly 80 motorists were caught during a police clampdown on speeding drivers in the Aylsham area.
Over the past few weeks officers from the town's safer neighbourhood team have carried out a number of speed checks in response to community concerns.
In total 20 drivers were given fixed penalty notices and another 59 received warnings.
Police particularly targeted Scottow Road and Norwich Road, Aylsham, as well as Hevingham, which were all identified as priority areas.
Seven speeding tickets and 26 verbal warnings were given out in those areas alone.
The Aylsham SNT will continue its clampdown over the next three months focusing on Waterloo Road and Newton Road in Hainford, Blickling Road in Aylsham, and Hevingham.
- 1 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
- 2 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 3 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 4 Team behind Golden Triangle pub take on Edith Cavell in Norwich
- 5 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 6 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 7 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 8 Eleventh McDonald's drive-thru could be set for Norwich
- 9 Bread Source confirms location of new store
- 10 Meet the cone ranger battling anti-social parkers at pick-up time
A recent priority-setting meeting also identified vehicle misuse in Aylsham and antisocial behaviour and vehicle nuisance, particularly on Hungate Street, as other crimes to be targeted.
The next priority-setting meeting is on Monday April 26 at 7pm at the Jubilee Family Centre, Norwich Road, Aylsham.
To contact Aylsham SNT, call 0845 456 4567 or email email@example.com.