Doves to headline Thetford Forest
Simon ParkinDoves are the latest headline act to be confirmed for the line-up of summer concerts in Thetford Forest this year. The Wilmslow band will take to the High Lodge stage on Saturday, June 12.Simon Parkin
Indie-rockers Doves are the latest headline act to be confirmed for the line-up of summer concerts in Thetford Forest this year.
The Wilmslow band, which comprises brothers Jez Williams (guitar, vocals) and Andy Williams (drums, vocals), together with Jimi Goodwin (bass, vocals) will take to the High Lodge stage on Saturday, June 12.
Last year saw the release of the band's long-awaited and highly praised fourth album Kingdom of Rust, which entered the album charts at number two.
The band's critically acclaimed debut album Lost Souls was nominated for the Mercury Music Prize in 2000 and was followed up by their subsequent chart-topping albums The Last Broadcast in 2002) and Some Cities in 2005.
Last summer saw Doves headlined their first forest show when they appeared Delamere Forest in Cheshire in front of a sell-out crowd, and it is soemthing they were keen to repeat.
Jimi Goodwin said: 'It was great experience playing to a sold-out crowd at Delamere Forest last summer so we are pleased to announce another forest gig for 2010.'
- 1 City teen gets celebrity backing for prom dress
- 2 City chip shop might be SINKING but refuses to close
- 3 Restaurant with 'interactive dining experience' to open in Norwich
- 4 Class A drugs seized from three men in city woods
- 5 Country pub announces closure due to rising costs
- 6 'We just want to hold our son' - Plea for help to bring miracle baby home
- 7 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 8 Plea to get 5ft mega bush axed from busy pavement
- 9 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 10 Man, 67, arrested on suspicion of arson after city flat fire
Other headliners already announced for Thetford Forest this summer are Keane on June 10 and Simply Red on June 11.
t Tickets, priced �28.00 (subject to booking fee) and go on sale at 9am on January 15 from the Forestry Commission box office on 01842 814612 or online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music