Doves to headline Thetford Forest
Simon ParkinDoves are the latest headline act to be confirmed for the line-up of summer concerts in Thetford Forest this year. The Wilmslow band will take to the High Lodge stage on Saturday, June 12.Simon Parkin
Indie-rockers Doves are the latest headline act to be confirmed for the line-up of summer concerts in Thetford Forest this year.
The Wilmslow band, which comprises brothers Jez Williams (guitar, vocals) and Andy Williams (drums, vocals), together with Jimi Goodwin (bass, vocals) will take to the High Lodge stage on Saturday, June 12.
Last year saw the release of the band's long-awaited and highly praised fourth album Kingdom of Rust, which entered the album charts at number two.
The band's critically acclaimed debut album Lost Souls was nominated for the Mercury Music Prize in 2000 and was followed up by their subsequent chart-topping albums The Last Broadcast in 2002) and Some Cities in 2005.
You may also want to watch:
Last summer saw Doves headlined their first forest show when they appeared Delamere Forest in Cheshire in front of a sell-out crowd, and it is soemthing they were keen to repeat.
Jimi Goodwin said: 'It was great experience playing to a sold-out crowd at Delamere Forest last summer so we are pleased to announce another forest gig for 2010.'
- 1 Riverside dog-friendly bar opens in city for summertime
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 4 Major names coming to Norwich as big top to be erected in Cathedral Close
- 5 Botanical Garden Bar returning to Norwich after 'huge level of interest'
- 6 Is it time to give St Stephens Street a revamp?
- 7 Man, 28, wanted by police in Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 9 Car and lorry crash on busy Norwich road
- 10 Cut above the rest: Hair salon premises for sale
Other headliners already announced for Thetford Forest this summer are Keane on June 10 and Simply Red on June 11.
t Tickets, priced �28.00 (subject to booking fee) and go on sale at 9am on January 15 from the Forestry Commission box office on 01842 814612 or online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music