Doves to headline Thetford Forest
Simon ParkinDoves are the latest headline act to be confirmed for the line-up of summer concerts in Thetford Forest this year. The Wilmslow band will take to the High Lodge stage on Saturday, June 12.Simon Parkin
Indie-rockers Doves are the latest headline act to be confirmed for the line-up of summer concerts in Thetford Forest this year.
The Wilmslow band, which comprises brothers Jez Williams (guitar, vocals) and Andy Williams (drums, vocals), together with Jimi Goodwin (bass, vocals) will take to the High Lodge stage on Saturday, June 12.
Last year saw the release of the band's long-awaited and highly praised fourth album Kingdom of Rust, which entered the album charts at number two.
The band's critically acclaimed debut album Lost Souls was nominated for the Mercury Music Prize in 2000 and was followed up by their subsequent chart-topping albums The Last Broadcast in 2002) and Some Cities in 2005.
You may also want to watch:
Last summer saw Doves headlined their first forest show when they appeared Delamere Forest in Cheshire in front of a sell-out crowd, and it is soemthing they were keen to repeat.
Jimi Goodwin said: 'It was great experience playing to a sold-out crowd at Delamere Forest last summer so we are pleased to announce another forest gig for 2010.'
- 1 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 2 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 3 City sees jobs bonanza – so why are job centres overflowing?
- 4 'It came out of the blue': Chinese takeaway gets one-star hygiene rating
- 5 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 6 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
- 7 Plan for 1,600 homes would see new school and health centre open
- 8 WATCH: Moment schoolgirl drenched by driver - but is it a crime?
- 9 Kiefer Sutherland announces UEA show
- 10 City handymen on which DIY jobs you really SHOULDN'T try at home
Other headliners already announced for Thetford Forest this summer are Keane on June 10 and Simply Red on June 11.
t Tickets, priced �28.00 (subject to booking fee) and go on sale at 9am on January 15 from the Forestry Commission box office on 01842 814612 or online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music