Doves to headline Thetford Forest
Simon ParkinDoves are the latest headline act to be confirmed for the line-up of summer concerts in Thetford Forest this year. The Wilmslow band will take to the High Lodge stage on Saturday, June 12.Simon Parkin
Indie-rockers Doves are the latest headline act to be confirmed for the line-up of summer concerts in Thetford Forest this year.
The Wilmslow band, which comprises brothers Jez Williams (guitar, vocals) and Andy Williams (drums, vocals), together with Jimi Goodwin (bass, vocals) will take to the High Lodge stage on Saturday, June 12.
Last year saw the release of the band's long-awaited and highly praised fourth album Kingdom of Rust, which entered the album charts at number two.
The band's critically acclaimed debut album Lost Souls was nominated for the Mercury Music Prize in 2000 and was followed up by their subsequent chart-topping albums The Last Broadcast in 2002) and Some Cities in 2005.
Last summer saw Doves headlined their first forest show when they appeared Delamere Forest in Cheshire in front of a sell-out crowd, and it is soemthing they were keen to repeat.
Jimi Goodwin said: 'It was great experience playing to a sold-out crowd at Delamere Forest last summer so we are pleased to announce another forest gig for 2010.'
- 1 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 2 Man refusing to pay rent for council flat over 16-year mould problem
- 3 Parking charges at city parks has raised £0
- 4 Family living in city's 'worst' council house despair over new damp
- 5 Mum has foot run over in incident with foul-mouthed driver
- 6 Norwich's tiniest pub completes facelift
- 7 Extra security measures approved for flats plagued by drug use
- 8 Bottomless brunch with 90s act, fried chicken and cocktails heading to city
- 9 Norwich City star and fan groups back call for drums at Carrow Road
- 10 Concerns raised over fate of junior school site
Other headliners already announced for Thetford Forest this summer are Keane on June 10 and Simply Red on June 11.
t Tickets, priced �28.00 (subject to booking fee) and go on sale at 9am on January 15 from the Forestry Commission box office on 01842 814612 or online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music