Double retirement in Loddon
Staff and members at Loddon Day Centre celebrated a double retirement earlier this month.
Christine Ralph, organiser for 23 years, and Nora Pye, assistant organiser for 19 years, were wished a happy retirement as they said their goodbyes to the team at the centre, based at the Loddon and Chedgrave Jubilee Hall in Loddon.
As well as creating a happy environment, Mrs Ralph has been praised for organising day trips, musical entertainment, presentations, raffles, jumble sales, and special celebration events. Mrs Pye is retiring at the age of 80 from the centre and would act in Mrs Ralph's role if she was unable to be there.
There were two retirement parties, one at The Pier Hotel in Gorleston, and the other at the centre, when they were presented with flowers and gifts.
Mrs Pye said: 'It was absolutely wonderful. We both enjoyed the fun and we had a lovely time and although we are both sad to leave, sometimes you have to move on. It is a lovely place to go and we all got on well together.'
You may also want to watch:
They were both wished a long and happy retirement with the love and gratitude of all at the centre. Mrs Pye does intend to return to the centre in May, but this time as a member.
- 1 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 2 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 3 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 4 Team behind Norwich restaurants reopen closed hotel
- 5 New Danish bakery in Norwich sells over 1,000 pastries in first week
- 6 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 7 Heron dies after being shot six times with air gun in Norwich
- 8 Norwich pub welcomes eight new street food vendors
- 9 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 10 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich