Double retirement in Loddon
Staff and members at Loddon Day Centre celebrated a double retirement earlier this month.
Christine Ralph, organiser for 23 years, and Nora Pye, assistant organiser for 19 years, were wished a happy retirement as they said their goodbyes to the team at the centre, based at the Loddon and Chedgrave Jubilee Hall in Loddon.
As well as creating a happy environment, Mrs Ralph has been praised for organising day trips, musical entertainment, presentations, raffles, jumble sales, and special celebration events. Mrs Pye is retiring at the age of 80 from the centre and would act in Mrs Ralph's role if she was unable to be there.
There were two retirement parties, one at The Pier Hotel in Gorleston, and the other at the centre, when they were presented with flowers and gifts.
Mrs Pye said: 'It was absolutely wonderful. We both enjoyed the fun and we had a lovely time and although we are both sad to leave, sometimes you have to move on. It is a lovely place to go and we all got on well together.'
You may also want to watch:
They were both wished a long and happy retirement with the love and gratitude of all at the centre. Mrs Pye does intend to return to the centre in May, but this time as a member.
- 1 Teenager suffers stab wounds in fight in Norwich
- 2 A Botanical Garden Bar and Christmas market is heading to Norwich
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 4 What a Boost - chocolate box business thrives amid demand for postal treats
- 5 Junkyard Market is returning to Norwich for Christmas
- 6 Water outages hit homes across city
- 7 'Heartless' fraudster stole from elderly hospital patients
- 8 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 9 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 10 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases