Don’t forget to pick up Thursday’s Evening News with more than 200 prizes on offer for Black Friday
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
The biggest shopping event of the year is upon us this week and to celebrate we are giving you the chance to win more than 200 prizes in our Black Friday Giveaway with full details of how to enter in tomorrow's Evening News.
We have teamed up with a range of your favourite local and national businesses to give you the chance to win an early Christmas present this Friday.
Prizes on offer include a round of golf for four people at Barnham Broom, a Christmas party for 10 people at Sprowston Manor and food hampers worth more than £90.
There are also beauty, football and gardening prizes to be won.
Norwich Evening News editor David Powles said: 'We are delighted to offer our readers the chance to win one of these fantastic prizes in the run-up to Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
'There are hundreds of things to win in the Black Friday Giveaway such as Christmas hampers, beauty treatments and dinner vouchers.
'And all you need to do to enter is answer one simple question.'
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 5 This is where you can park for free in Norwich
- 6 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 7 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 8 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
- 9 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 10 New flights from Norwich Airport to Jersey
With origins in the United States, Black Friday takes place on the day after Thanksgiving and is considered to mark the start of the Christmas shopping period.
Recent years have seen UK retailers embracing the concept, offering discounts and promotions to rival their transatlantic colleagues, and British shoppers have come to expect a bumper shopping day of bargains and bonuses.
Predictions are that British shoppers will spend £2.3m a minute this Black Friday – a 19pc increase on last year.
Some 14 million British consumers are expected to participate in the global shopping event and will spend a predicted total of £1.96bn.
Full details of how to enter the Black Friday Giveaway will be revealed in Thursday's Evening News.