Don Broco are returning to Norwich to headline the UEA in February 2018
- Credit: Kane Layland
British rock band Don Broco are heading back to Norwich on their 2018 headline tour to play at the UEA.
Formed back in 2008 in Bedford, four-piece rock band Don Broco will be playing at The UEA in Norwich on February 12 as part of their 2018 headline tour.
They have released their brand new single 'T-Shirt Song', the latest song to be taken from their forthcoming album 'Technology', due for release on February 2.
The single is a colossal rock anthem, and a deeply personal song for frontman Rob Damiani. Inspired by relationships ending, it also addresses an emotional time for the singer and how he overcame his depression.
'It's one of the most emotional songs on the record, inspired by a close friend who had just been through a dark break-up. While writing the song it was also a difficult time for me emotionally, and one night I found myself in a club where the DJ was playing the Baywatch theme tune,' explained Rob.
You may also want to watch:
'Anyone who's been to a cheesy club night will know this is the moment everyone takes off their T-shirt and swings it round their head. I didn't really feel like it, but I joined in and as stupid as it sounds it really made me feel better. That was the start of the process by which I came to realise there was light at the end of the tunnel. This song is about going through hell and coming out the other side stronger for it.'
'Technology' is Don Broco's third album and follows the release of 2015's Top 10 Album 'Automatic', which propelled the band into mainstream consciousness and led them to a sell out headline show at Brixton Academy.
- 1 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 2 Shoe outlet opens first city centre branch in former Carphone Warehouse
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 5 Pensioner can't leave home because of 'obstacle course' outside
- 6 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 7 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 8 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 9 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 10 'Amazing' teen denied urgent mental health referral weeks before death
The new album will see the band filtering their charismatic 80s pop-infected rock, through far-flung genres of metal, funk and electronics.
February 2018 tour dates:
08 - Portsmouth Pyramids
09 - Bristol 02 Academy
10 - Cardiff Great Hall
12 - Norwich UEA
13 - Nottingham Rock City
15 - Birmingham 02 Academy
16 - Manchester Academy
17 - Leeds 02 Academy
19 - Newcastle Northumbria Institute
20 - Aberdeen Garage
21 - Glasgow Barrowland