Bakery owner, 25, moving to bigger premises after 'brilliant' first year
- Credit: Denise Bradley
The owner of a bakery launched during the pandemic is enjoying sweet success as she relocates to a larger premises due to high demand.
Jemima Wood, 25, from Drayton, opened Dollies Bakery in part of The Red Lion pub in Coltishall last October and it has proved very popular.
Due to its success, she took on unit 2b at Station Business Park in Hoveton in August to use as her kitchen.
She is now moving the retail side there too, with the new bakery opening on Wednesday, October 6.
It will offer a range of sourdoughs, sandwiches, pastries, doughnuts and coffee.
While she is leaving the Coltishall bakery on Saturday, October 2, it is set to become a café with a new tenant who will stock Miss Wood's pastries.
Miss Wood said: "It is brilliant, I couldn't ask for much more.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 5 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Women to boycott city nightclubs amid rise in drink spiking
- 10 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
"I've never run my own business before and have made the right decision to be in one place and keep getting better."
The new unit will be open Wednesday to Friday from 7am until sell out.
Follow @dolliesbakeryofficial on Instagram for updates.