Dismay over Norwich & Peterborough decision
- Credit: © ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC
As a member of the Norwich & Peterborough Building Society I am dismayed at the proposal to close branches, make staff redundant and remove the name N&P from the high street.
There is however now a chance that if enough of us make a stand, we can give the Yorkshire Building Society a clear message that its not acceptable or right.
Members (those of us who have an account there or mortgage) of the N&P will have got voting papers through their letter boxes in the last week or so and this gives us a chance to vote out the current Yorkshire board members and demand a board which keeps the N&P.
Can I therefore ask that all N&P members who feel that they want a branch near them/want to retain their accounts - and feel that staff should be protected - should vote by putting a cross in the 'against' boxes alongside all the members of the board who are standing for re-election.
I would also recommend doing the same for the box 'remuneration package' (this is the board voting themselves their pay — let's stop them getting it as they seem so keen to stop other members of staff getting theirs).
Don't cross the box 'quick vote' or 'recommended vote' — that is what they want you to do!
- 1 City teen named Ikea drops furniture brand as first name
- 2 Norwich chippy ranked as one of best in UK
- 3 Neighbourhood bemused after garage turned into barber shop
- 4 Customers in shock as parking charges rack up at retail park
- 5 'It would mean everything to get it back': Heartfelt plea to reunite widow with engagement ring
- 6 Former City defender Klose training with Championship club
- 7 Smokehouse launches takeaway Sunday roasts with loaded Yorkshire puddings
- 8 'Normal is nerve-wracking': City bosses' plan to keep masks despite rules
- 9 Arrest after man found with large quantity of cannabis and lock knife
- 10 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week