Dismay over Norwich & Peterborough decision
- Credit: © ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC
As a member of the Norwich & Peterborough Building Society I am dismayed at the proposal to close branches, make staff redundant and remove the name N&P from the high street.
There is however now a chance that if enough of us make a stand, we can give the Yorkshire Building Society a clear message that its not acceptable or right.
Members (those of us who have an account there or mortgage) of the N&P will have got voting papers through their letter boxes in the last week or so and this gives us a chance to vote out the current Yorkshire board members and demand a board which keeps the N&P.
Can I therefore ask that all N&P members who feel that they want a branch near them/want to retain their accounts - and feel that staff should be protected - should vote by putting a cross in the 'against' boxes alongside all the members of the board who are standing for re-election.
I would also recommend doing the same for the box 'remuneration package' (this is the board voting themselves their pay — let's stop them getting it as they seem so keen to stop other members of staff getting theirs).
You may also want to watch:
Don't cross the box 'quick vote' or 'recommended vote' — that is what they want you to do!
- 1 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 2 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 3 Community shock after teenager knocked unconscious as robbers steal trainers
- 4 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 5 No more action against teenager arrested after fatal Thorpe stabbing
- 6 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 7 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 8 Suspect identified in search for elderly man who undressed in park
- 9 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 10 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place