Disadvantaged children's dinosaur visit
Sam EmanuelMake no bones about it, children from Norfolk and Suffolk had a wonderful time when they visited the Dinosaur Park in Weston Longville at the weekend.The East Coast Trucker Charity took three coaches of disabled or vulnerable children and their carers out for the special day trip on Saturday.Sam Emanuel
Make no bones about it, children from Norfolk and Suffolk had a wonderful time when they visited the Dinosaur Park in Weston Longville at the weekend.
The East Coast Trucker Charity took three coaches of disabled or vulnerable children and their carers out for the special day trip on Saturday.
Peter Whiting, who organised the trip with his wife Sheena, said: 'On entry all the children were given a map and stamp sheet it was just amazing and in a way belittling that so many children forgot all their own problems and were intent on seeing as many dinosaurs and stamps as they could.
'Towards the end of the day we had two deer safaris where the children joined in guessing games with names of the deer. All the children received an Easter egg and a goody-bag when they got off the coach at home. Overall a fantastic day was had by all and thanks to a lot of help from Nicky and the staff from the Dinosaurs Park.'
You may also want to watch:
The children also enjoyed crazy golf, go-karts and an animal area.
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 4 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 6 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 10 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m