Disadvantaged children's dinosaur visit
Sam EmanuelMake no bones about it, children from Norfolk and Suffolk had a wonderful time when they visited the Dinosaur Park in Weston Longville at the weekend.The East Coast Trucker Charity took three coaches of disabled or vulnerable children and their carers out for the special day trip on Saturday.Sam Emanuel
Make no bones about it, children from Norfolk and Suffolk had a wonderful time when they visited the Dinosaur Park in Weston Longville at the weekend.
The East Coast Trucker Charity took three coaches of disabled or vulnerable children and their carers out for the special day trip on Saturday.
Peter Whiting, who organised the trip with his wife Sheena, said: 'On entry all the children were given a map and stamp sheet it was just amazing and in a way belittling that so many children forgot all their own problems and were intent on seeing as many dinosaurs and stamps as they could.
'Towards the end of the day we had two deer safaris where the children joined in guessing games with names of the deer. All the children received an Easter egg and a goody-bag when they got off the coach at home. Overall a fantastic day was had by all and thanks to a lot of help from Nicky and the staff from the Dinosaurs Park.'
You may also want to watch:
The children also enjoyed crazy golf, go-karts and an animal area.
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 Langleys toy shop building for rent for £45,000 a year
- 3 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 4 'Unacceptable': Council hits out at soiled clothing left in public toilets
- 5 CCTV shows man who used stolen bank card at three Norwich stores
- 6 Campaigners angry as park hedge cut down for tennis court scheme
- 7 Glass smashed and racist graffiti sprayed onto Norwich house
- 8 Why Norwich must stop Debenhams becoming city centre black hole
- 9 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 10 Men ran over roofs to flee police after Norwich cannabis factory raid