Disadvantaged children's dinosaur visit
Sam EmanuelMake no bones about it, children from Norfolk and Suffolk had a wonderful time when they visited the Dinosaur Park in Weston Longville at the weekend.The East Coast Trucker Charity took three coaches of disabled or vulnerable children and their carers out for the special day trip on Saturday.Sam Emanuel
Make no bones about it, children from Norfolk and Suffolk had a wonderful time when they visited the Dinosaur Park in Weston Longville at the weekend.
The East Coast Trucker Charity took three coaches of disabled or vulnerable children and their carers out for the special day trip on Saturday.
Peter Whiting, who organised the trip with his wife Sheena, said: 'On entry all the children were given a map and stamp sheet it was just amazing and in a way belittling that so many children forgot all their own problems and were intent on seeing as many dinosaurs and stamps as they could.
'Towards the end of the day we had two deer safaris where the children joined in guessing games with names of the deer. All the children received an Easter egg and a goody-bag when they got off the coach at home. Overall a fantastic day was had by all and thanks to a lot of help from Nicky and the staff from the Dinosaurs Park.'
The children also enjoyed crazy golf, go-karts and an animal area.
- 1 TUI flight to Tenerife cancelled as it was on the tarmac
- 2 Emergency services called to person in water on Prince of Wales Road
- 3 New Tesco store opens in city centre
- 4 Traffic builds around Earlham Park as gates open for Let's Rock
- 5 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 6 Mystery over who needs to cut overgrown hedge amid safety fears
- 7 Parents 'terrified' after THIRD run-in with cars driving on pavement
- 8 Can you help trace this Norwich man's next of kin?
- 9 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 10 'I went to hospital with dental pain - it turns out I had cancer'