Disadvantaged children's dinosaur visit
Sam EmanuelMake no bones about it, children from Norfolk and Suffolk had a wonderful time when they visited the Dinosaur Park in Weston Longville at the weekend.The East Coast Trucker Charity took three coaches of disabled or vulnerable children and their carers out for the special day trip on Saturday.Sam Emanuel
Make no bones about it, children from Norfolk and Suffolk had a wonderful time when they visited the Dinosaur Park in Weston Longville at the weekend.
The East Coast Trucker Charity took three coaches of disabled or vulnerable children and their carers out for the special day trip on Saturday.
Peter Whiting, who organised the trip with his wife Sheena, said: 'On entry all the children were given a map and stamp sheet it was just amazing and in a way belittling that so many children forgot all their own problems and were intent on seeing as many dinosaurs and stamps as they could.
'Towards the end of the day we had two deer safaris where the children joined in guessing games with names of the deer. All the children received an Easter egg and a goody-bag when they got off the coach at home. Overall a fantastic day was had by all and thanks to a lot of help from Nicky and the staff from the Dinosaurs Park.'
You may also want to watch:
The children also enjoyed crazy golf, go-karts and an animal area.
- 1 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 2 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 3 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 4 Daughters hold dad's hand one last time in emotional hospital goodbye
- 5 Bakery pushes back Norwich reopening date after daily taking dropped to £26
- 6 Coronavirus recovery centre never used in first wave to be opened
- 7 Motorcyclist taken to hospital with leg injuries after NDR crash
- 8 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 9 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 10 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit