Disabled man dies in Norfolk house blaze
Tracey GrayA disabled man was found dead in his conservatory today after a blaze broke out in his bungalow.Tracey Gray
A disabled man was found dead in his conservatory today after a blaze broke out in his bungalow.
The man, believed to be aged in his 60s, was discovered by a postman delivering his mail shortly after 11am at Church Close, Antingham, near North Walsham.
Police officers, paramedics and fire crews were called to the scene by a neighbour.
Fire crews from Mundesley and North Walsham found the fire was out by the time they arrived.
You may also want to watch:
A police forensic team remained at the scene earlier today and the bungalow was cordoned off with two officers outside.
A spokesman for Norfolk police said: 'The death is being treated as unexplained at this time.'
- 1 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 2 ‘Safeguarding’ teacher allowed vulnerable pupil to keep pills
- 3 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake
- 4 Road to close for three nights for £100,000 work
- 5 Big Issue seller on how lockdown pushed him closer to homelessness
- 6 Drama as police plane circles villages for missing person
- 7 Road closed after police incident in Norwich
- 8 Student and partner woke to see burglar at end of bed
- 9 Comedy in the Park and Britannia Pier shows among confirmed 2021 events
- 10 N&N staff first in UK to use pioneering Covid saliva tests
A spokesman for Norfolk fire service said it was thought the fire centred on a single location in the home and added: 'We will be carrying out a fire investigation and working with police to establish the cause.'
See Friday's Evening News for further details.