Disabled man dies in Norfolk house blaze
Tracey GrayA disabled man was found dead in his conservatory today after a blaze broke out in his bungalow.Tracey Gray
A disabled man was found dead in his conservatory today after a blaze broke out in his bungalow.
The man, believed to be aged in his 60s, was discovered by a postman delivering his mail shortly after 11am at Church Close, Antingham, near North Walsham.
Police officers, paramedics and fire crews were called to the scene by a neighbour.
Fire crews from Mundesley and North Walsham found the fire was out by the time they arrived.
You may also want to watch:
A police forensic team remained at the scene earlier today and the bungalow was cordoned off with two officers outside.
A spokesman for Norfolk police said: 'The death is being treated as unexplained at this time.'
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 5 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 6 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 7 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop
- 8 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 9 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 10 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
A spokesman for Norfolk fire service said it was thought the fire centred on a single location in the home and added: 'We will be carrying out a fire investigation and working with police to establish the cause.'
See Friday's Evening News for further details.