Dinner party appeal by East Anglian Air Ambulance
A charity is appealing for people in Norwich to help them cook up some funds by holding a fundraising dinner party.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA) is appealing for people to host their own Come EAAA-T With Me evening during National Air Ambulance Week.
From September 24 to 30, the week of action brings together members of the Association of Air Ambulances (AAA), the organisation which unites not only air ambulance charities from across the country, but also aircraft operators and ambulance services.
Tim Page, chief executive of the East Anglian Air Ambulance, said: 'We're joining together with other local air ambulances across the country, to ask everyone to get involved during National Air Ambulance Week and help raise money for their local service.
'The East Anglian Air Ambulance is looking for supporters to host their own Come EAAA-T With Me evening.
You may also want to watch:
'The idea is simple. We'd love people to say they'll hold a dinner party for us and then ask their friends to donate the amount they would have paid for that meal if they'd have gone out to eat in a restaurant.
'We believe fundraising should be fun and an event like this is easy to organise and takes very little pre-planning, unless of course you want to.
- 1 Noise concerns spark more than 40 objections to new city venue bid
- 2 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 5 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 6 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 7 'Turn up!' Groomer's plea to no-show pet owners
- 8 'More of a service than a business': Bid to turn pub into local shop
- 9 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 10 A look at the faces behind Norwich Market
'We can also help with ideas for themes, menu options and invitations for the evening.
'However you decide to host your evening, rest assured that all monies raised will stay in the local area, helping to keep your local air ambulance flying.'
The Evening News launched an appeal to ask readers to help the EAAA raise funds for two baby ventilators, which will cost approximately �10,000 for both.
Cheques for the appeal, made payable to the 'East Anglian Air Ambulance' can be sent to:
Norwich Evening News Appeal, East Anglian Air Ambulance, Hangar E, Gambling Close, Norwich Airport, Norwich NR6 6EG.
To request a Come EAAA-T With Me fundraising pack, contact Helen Dodman on 01473 745007 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details on the work of the East Anglian Air Ambulance visit www.eaaa.org.uk