Dilbert the Corgi lands top job as holiday cottage critic
- Credit: Courtesy of The Travel Chapter/ @dilbertthecorgi
A Corgi from Norwich has emerged as top dog in a competition to become a canine cottage critic.
Dilbert, who rose to fame in 2016 after a video of his flapping ears was shared online, has now beaten thousands of other dogs to be hired as the east of England's 'canine critic' of dog-friendly accommodation.
As part of his prize Dilbert will be responsible for testing out and reviewing facilities in some of Canine Cottages' holiday properties.
The company said they were looking for dogs with character and an obvious love of fun and adventure, with a willing human who would be able to capture their experiences for their website.
More than 50,000 dogs from across the UK applied for one of ten roles and application criteria included sharing a brief 'pup personality' description, along with a recent photo.
As a canine critic, Dilbert will receive one free cottage holiday, access to local dog-friendly days out and a selection of free products to review.
You may also want to watch:
Canine Cottages' PR manager, Jo Price, said: "We had no idea quite how many dogs are currently looking for employment and would have loved to have offered everyone who applied a job.
"The selection process was unbelievably tough, and the calibre of applicants was outstanding.
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 3 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 4 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 5 Teenagers set to be sentenced over stabbing
- 6 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 7 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 8 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 9 Grill van serving gourmet burgers and hot dogs gets residency at city pub
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
"However, Dilbert is a very special pup and we're proud that he will be representing our brand for the next twelve months."
You can join Dilbert's 8,000 strong Instagram following @dilbertthecorgi.