Take a look inside Norwich’s new Indian street food restaurant
- Credit: Archant
Family run restaurant Dhaba 15 has opened its doors in Magdalen Street and is the first of its kind in the city.
The new eatery has brought Indian street food to Norwich and is owned by cousins Jahangir Alom Ali, 28, and Juned Ahmed Ali, 35 whose family own also own Merchants of Spice in Colegate.
Diners are encouraged to sample traditional starters such as Gol guppa which are puffed crispy balls filled with spicy potatoes, chickpeas and tamarind water and Patha Chaat - kale in crispy chickpea batter with Greek yoghurt, tamarind chutney, mango chutney, chaat masala and pomegranate seeds.
There is a range of authentic curries on offer for main dishes inspired from across Asia including Mandarin chicken, Persian beef curry and a Bangla fish curry with pan fried sea bass.
READ MORE: Take a look inside Norwich's newest nightclub Popworld following £500k investmentCo-owner Juned Ahmed Ali said that the only restaurant he is aware of that serves Indian street food is Dishoom in Shoreditch but there is nothing like it in Norfolk.
Dhaba 15 is alcohol-free but serves a range of mocktails including a mojito and old fashioned and also lassi which is an Indian yoghurt-based drink.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the restaurant said: 'It is be your standard Indian restaurant. It's about the heart of Indian food and sharing it with family.
'The owners are very excited about bringing the flavours from India they love to the streets of Norwich.'
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 3 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 4 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 6 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 7 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 8 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 9 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 10 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
Dhaba 15 is open at 15 Magdalen Street Tuesday to Sunday evenings from 5pm.