Ex-City stars to play against soldiers in charity game
- Credit: Ian Burt
Former Norwich City players are among a team of 'Allstars' set to take on a squad of soldiers in a charity football match in Dereham on Wednesday.
Darren Huckerby, Ryan and Rossi Jarvis, Robert Fleck and Bob Taylor have all confirmed they will take part in the game at Aldiss Park in aid of the Royal British Legion.
They will play a team from the 1st The Queen's Dragoon Guards, based at Swanton Morley, in the fixture organised by Paul Sandford from the town's Railway Tavern pub.
Some of the QDG play for a pub team and Mr Sandford said they asked him last week if there was any chance of a remembrance game.
He then rang all his contacts and has put together a competitive team.
'The colonel said he was sending buglers to fanfare the players onto the pitch,' he said.
Kick off is at 7.30pm and entry costs £5.
- 1 New cocktail bar with a twist opens in Norwich
- 2 'I want to leave Norwich' - Mum's anger after school attack
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 Supermarket scraps car park plan over Riverside traffic fears
- 5 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 6 Norwich bank branch to close
- 7 Norwich barbecue takeaway finally set to reopen
- 8 Queues at walk-in centre amid jab confusion
- 9 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins in Norwich over the weekend
- 10 'No thanks or penny' - Norwich City crest designer hits out at change
The bar will be open from 5pm and food from 6pm.