Derby day for title-chasers
Milton LindsayThere will be more than just local pride at stake this weekend as the fixture list throws up a local derby between two sides aiming to take the Division 2B title.Milton Lindsay
There will be more than just local pride at stake this weekend as the fixture list throws up a local derby between two sides aiming to take the Division 2B title.
Sprowston Rovers entertain Old Catton in a game that sees both sides desperate to take all three points to stay in touch with leaders St Faiths. Mark Casey is looking forward to the game. "The players at the moment are as keen as mustard and are looking to avenge at 2-0 reversal earlier in the season." The Sprowston secretary added that with Tom Daynes and Adam Willimott in good form the club feel that "six wins from their last seven games could do the trick." Down the road, Old Catton's Richard Tolliday highlighted an increasing injury list that has affected the side's last few performances, including two defeats in the last two outings. "We have lost defenders recently with long-term injuries and this has not helped," said Tolliday, "and Lee Dyke who had been outstanding was diagnosed with a collapsed lung." But it's not all gloomy.
"Jamie Jefferson has been superb this season along with Lee Cosgrove and we are certainly in with a shout," he said. Other games to look out for this weekend include the Pink Un League Cup rounds one and two.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 3 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 4 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 5 Number of homes for derelict site could be increased to 200
- 6 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 7 Hot property Maddison adds up for City
- 8 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 9 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 10 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse