Derby day for title-chasers
Milton LindsayThere will be more than just local pride at stake this weekend as the fixture list throws up a local derby between two sides aiming to take the Division 2B title.Milton Lindsay
There will be more than just local pride at stake this weekend as the fixture list throws up a local derby between two sides aiming to take the Division 2B title.
Sprowston Rovers entertain Old Catton in a game that sees both sides desperate to take all three points to stay in touch with leaders St Faiths. Mark Casey is looking forward to the game. "The players at the moment are as keen as mustard and are looking to avenge at 2-0 reversal earlier in the season." The Sprowston secretary added that with Tom Daynes and Adam Willimott in good form the club feel that "six wins from their last seven games could do the trick." Down the road, Old Catton's Richard Tolliday highlighted an increasing injury list that has affected the side's last few performances, including two defeats in the last two outings. "We have lost defenders recently with long-term injuries and this has not helped," said Tolliday, "and Lee Dyke who had been outstanding was diagnosed with a collapsed lung." But it's not all gloomy.
"Jamie Jefferson has been superb this season along with Lee Cosgrove and we are certainly in with a shout," he said. Other games to look out for this weekend include the Pink Un League Cup rounds one and two.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 2 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
- 3 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 4 What 45,000 new homes will mean for our city
- 5 'A very easy Brexit win' - Traders have say on imperial measures change
- 6 New sculpture trail launched for park near Norwich
- 7 Impact of T-Rex trail revealed as sculptures leave city
- 8 Five of the most expensive properties for rent in Norwich
- 9 Man arrested after assaulting three police officers outside Popworld
- 10 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident