Denim leads the way in Norwich fashion
There is only one fabric to be seen in this spring and summer – denim, says EMMA HARROWING
The denim jacket is a fashion classic. Not only can you wear it with anything, it can also make you look stylish in an instant.
This year the trusty denim jacket has been joined by the denim shirt, which can be worn done up and tucked into a 50s- style skirt or worn as a rival to the jacket, undone and over a top or dress.
Alternatively, wear done up with a maxi skirt or jeans for a different take on the 90s grunge style.
Although jeans have taken a colour and pattern twist this season, when it comes to your jacket or shirt, keep your denim traditionally blue.
You may also want to watch:
The denim gilet is the cover-up of choice among fashionistas, as the 80s style item is tipped to knock the denim jacket down the fashion charts this summer.
If you prefer to look more feminine, opt for a denim dress – a shirt-style dress is one of spring and summer's styles that suits most body shapes.
- 1 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 2 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 3 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 6 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 7 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 8 'People make slavery jokes' - Black student on racism in schools
- 9 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 10 Woman crashed into two cars after drinking at friend's home, court hears
Team with tan accessories for a classic look, mix with ethnic prints for a take on this season's tribal look, or wear with bright colours to make colour blocking wearable.
For men, the denim jacket or shirt rules. So does a pair of denim shorts worn just above the knee. Wear with a white shirt for beach- style cool, a brightly coloured or pastel coloured polo shirt for an easy-to-wear take on the sport luxe trend, or do double denim with a contrasting denim shirt, a look that is still on the fashion radar.
See Life Matters' top denim picks by clicking on the photo gallery at the top right of this page.