Norwich fish and chips stall launches battered sprouts
- Credit: Archant
It is the vegetable that divides opinion but a Norwich Market stall is hoping to win over some fans with its deep fried sprouts this Christmas.
Lucy's Fish and Chips, located at stalls 60-61 on row C, has introduced a festive fried side that is bound to split market patrons.
Having already dared to dish up something a little different with battered wedding cake during Prince Harry's royal wedding, owner Barclay Gray, from Norwich, hopes that customers will embrace his latest deep fried dish.
MORE: Grosvenor Fish Bar bring back Christmas dinner with a twistHe said: 'With spouts it's really a case of love them or hate them but they taste great with salt and vinegar.
'For those who aren't sure about the idea I would say go for it, you can pretend that you're on I'm a Celeb and it's a Bush Tucker trial.'
As well as selling battered sprouts, the stall is also offering battered Christmas pudding and battered mince pies.
You may also want to watch:
• Would you try battered sprouts? Vote in our poll and let us know.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 5 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 6 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 7 Norwich man wanted by police
- 8 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station