Deena has less weight on her mind
Anthony CarrollAs Deena Nicholson proudly walks down the aisle of a church next Saturday there certainly will be an extra spring in her step.For Miss Nicholson has lost nearly six stone in weight in 18 months to make sure she fully enjoys her wedding day.Anthony Carroll
As Deena Nicholson proudly walks down the aisle of a church next Saturday there certainly will be an extra spring in her step.
For Miss Nicholson has lost nearly six stone in weight in 18 months to make sure she fully enjoys her wedding day.
And because of her dramatic weight loss she will be at the forefront of the wedding photographs taken at her church at Repps with Bastwick, near Great Yarmouth, next Saturday.
The scenes of married bliss will be in stark contrast to two years ago when Miss Nicholson would not step out of house because of her weight and dreaded walking down the aisle towards her husband-to-be Steven Ball.
You may also want to watch:
She was so upset by her size 22 figure from her love of takeaway food that she had planned for no wedding photographs to be taken.
But after 18 months at the Acle Slimming World Group every Thursday morning she is keen to show off her size 14 figure and new found exuberance.
- 1 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 2 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 3 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 4 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 5 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 6 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 7 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 8 'Diabolical' - Fury over trees felled for road widening scheme
- 9 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
At the start of her Slimming World sessions she weighed 18 stone, seven and a half lbs - but now weighs 12 stone nine and a half lbs.
Miss Nicholson, a professional photographer who lives off Marsh Road, has shed the stones because she has learned how to cook and eat healthy meals, such as pasta and home made burgers.
She said: 'I used to hate the way I looked. I never wanted to leave the house in case I bumped into anyone I knew.
'I was getting depressed about how I would look at my wedding. I was dreading it.
'But now my life has changed completely. I can not wait to get married now.'
Are you a super slimmer? Contact Evening News reporter Anthony Carroll on 01493 847955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org