Deena has less weight on her mind
Anthony CarrollAs Deena Nicholson proudly walks down the aisle of a church next Saturday there certainly will be an extra spring in her step.For Miss Nicholson has lost nearly six stone in weight in 18 months to make sure she fully enjoys her wedding day.Anthony Carroll
As Deena Nicholson proudly walks down the aisle of a church next Saturday there certainly will be an extra spring in her step.
For Miss Nicholson has lost nearly six stone in weight in 18 months to make sure she fully enjoys her wedding day.
And because of her dramatic weight loss she will be at the forefront of the wedding photographs taken at her church at Repps with Bastwick, near Great Yarmouth, next Saturday.
The scenes of married bliss will be in stark contrast to two years ago when Miss Nicholson would not step out of house because of her weight and dreaded walking down the aisle towards her husband-to-be Steven Ball.
You may also want to watch:
She was so upset by her size 22 figure from her love of takeaway food that she had planned for no wedding photographs to be taken.
But after 18 months at the Acle Slimming World Group every Thursday morning she is keen to show off her size 14 figure and new found exuberance.
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 2 Man, 47, in court on murder charge after Thorpe stabbing
- 3 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 4 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 5 Long-suffering A11 drivers to benefit as 50-year-old road replaced
- 6 Pet carer service's appeal to survive after Covid and faulty van struggles
- 7 Meat factory for sale for £1.2million earmarked for homes
- 8 Police and air ambulance called to major incident near Norwich
- 9 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 10 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
At the start of her Slimming World sessions she weighed 18 stone, seven and a half lbs - but now weighs 12 stone nine and a half lbs.
Miss Nicholson, a professional photographer who lives off Marsh Road, has shed the stones because she has learned how to cook and eat healthy meals, such as pasta and home made burgers.
She said: 'I used to hate the way I looked. I never wanted to leave the house in case I bumped into anyone I knew.
'I was getting depressed about how I would look at my wedding. I was dreading it.
'But now my life has changed completely. I can not wait to get married now.'
Are you a super slimmer? Contact Evening News reporter Anthony Carroll on 01493 847955 or email email@example.com