Debating success for Norwich school pupils
Steve DownesStudents from a Norwich independent school made their case in style as they secured a top 10 finish in a national debating contest.Steve Downes
Students from a Norwich independent school made their case in style as they secured a top 10 finish in a national debating contest.
Norwich School reached the quarters finals of the Cambridge Schools Debating Competition, narrowly failing to make the semi finals in what was the school's best ever performance.
The novice team of Michael Wooldridge and Grace Nicholls did well in the early rounds, while James Hooper and Chloe France debated fiercely against strong opposition and made it through to the fourth debate.
Diane Saywack, debating co-ordinator for the school, said: 'This is our best national result to date in this style of debating competition.
You may also want to watch:
'Chloe and James are to be congratulated for their tremendous achievement in bringing Norwich School into the top 10 debating schools in the UK. They have shown commitment and dedication in pursuing excellence in debating.'
- 1 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 2 Team behind Norwich restaurants reopen closed hotel
- 3 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 4 Heron dies after being shot six times with air gun in Norwich
- 5 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 6 Norwich pub welcomes eight new street food vendors
- 7 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 8 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
- 9 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 10 Restaurant boss U-turn after row over trial shift pay