Debating success for Norwich school pupils
Steve DownesStudents from a Norwich independent school made their case in style as they secured a top 10 finish in a national debating contest.Steve Downes
Students from a Norwich independent school made their case in style as they secured a top 10 finish in a national debating contest.
Norwich School reached the quarters finals of the Cambridge Schools Debating Competition, narrowly failing to make the semi finals in what was the school's best ever performance.
The novice team of Michael Wooldridge and Grace Nicholls did well in the early rounds, while James Hooper and Chloe France debated fiercely against strong opposition and made it through to the fourth debate.
Diane Saywack, debating co-ordinator for the school, said: 'This is our best national result to date in this style of debating competition.
You may also want to watch:
'Chloe and James are to be congratulated for their tremendous achievement in bringing Norwich School into the top 10 debating schools in the UK. They have shown commitment and dedication in pursuing excellence in debating.'
- 1 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 2 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 3 Neighbours celebrate Norfolk Day bar win with street party
- 4 Bars and clubs see busy night as police up patrols
- 5 'Freedom Day' Hindu wedding in Norwich watched by 5m plus people
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 8 Shoe shop founded in 1857 closes down
- 9 Cafe in historic park pavilion to reopen after £36,000 renovation
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit