Dazzling gardens on show in Wymondham
Stephanie BrooksGreen-fingered families in Wymondham are completing the final preening and planting before their beautiful gardens are opened to the public.Stephanie Brooks
Green-fingered residents in Wymondham are completing the final preening and planting before their beautiful gardens are opened to the public.
Visitors will be able to get away from it all by taking a relaxing browse through about 30 gardens during Wymondham Open Gardens weekend, which takes place on June 5 and 6.
Those on show include an eclectic mix of tiny courtyard gardens with colourful pots and hanging baskets and larger landscaped gardens, which will be identified by yellow balloons.
Gardening expert Barry Gayton, from BBC Radio Cambridgeshire, will also be wandering around answering questions and there will be refreshments, plant sales and even some live music in some of the gardens.
You may also want to watch:
The event is held every two years and raises money for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) and Wymondham Heritage Museum.
Admission costs �5 per adult which allows access to all the gardens. Programmes are available from the Wymondham Heritage Museum, the EACH charity shop in Market Place, Wymondham Garden Centre in Tuttles Lane, and at the participating garden.
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 3 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 4 Norwich pub allowed to reopen after licensing u-turn
- 5 'It's very very noisy' - broken manhole cover keeps couple awake at night
- 6 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 7 New Danish bakery in Norwich sells over 1,000 pastries in first week
- 8 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 9 Axe for Norwich Tourist Information Centre as closure announced
- 10 Measures taken to make dog walkers feel safer in Norwich park