Daughter is given keys to The Outback as restaurant on outskirts of Norwich gets a revamp
The keys to a popular restaurant on the outskirts of Norwich – and its new jeep – are being handed over from father to daughter today.
The Taste of Oz restaurant in Ringland, near Taverham, is relaunching today after a refurbishment and change of direction. The restaurant had previously been famed locally for offering acquired tastes with an Australian theme, such as ostrich, kangaroo and crocodile.
Located adjacent to the Swan Inn, the restaurant will now be known as The Outback.
Andrew Parke has handed the restaurant on to his 27-year-old daughter, Jenna Parke-Howard, and her husband Lee.
Mrs Parke Howard travelled around Australia when she was younger and has taken inspiration from her time Down Under for the rebrand – based around a themed tin shack.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Parke, who is remaining in charge at the Swan Inn, said: 'The Taste of Oz had been open for six or seven years and what happens with restaurants is that you have to have a bit of a revamp.
'Numbers had gone down a little bit so we have completely stripped out all the tables and have got booths in now, like in American restaurants. You won't recognise it now, it's like a new building.'
- 1 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 2 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 5 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 6 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 7 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 8 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
For more information, go to www.theoutbackrestaurant.co.uk or call 01603 869014.
Have you got a story for the Evening News? Contact David Freezer on 01603 772418 or firstname.lastname@example.org