New chaplain appointed to support Norwich hospital
- Credit: Archant
A new chaplain has been appointed at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
The Revd Canon Captain Darren Thornton of the Church Army has joined the hospital's team to provide care and support to the community during the challenging Covid period.
Canon Thornton said: "When I offered to help, I wasn't expecting that I would come and join the hospital chaplaincy team full-time, but it feels like this is the right next challenge for me and I'm looking forward to working with the chaplaincy team to be alongside people through life's experiences as they come into the hospital.
"I have met some amazing staff at the Norfolk and Norwich and I'm looking forward to being one of the team."
Canon Thornton has come "full circle" having been chaplain at the old Norfolk and Norwich Hospital 20-years-ago.
You may also want to watch:
He has been rector of St Giles-on-the-Hill in Norwich and chaplain to the University of East Anglia for 16 years, and begins the new post in August.
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 3 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 4 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 5 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus