Dance the night away for Norwich’s civic charity
People are being urged to dance the night away at a city landmark to help raise funds for disadvantaged youngsters and adults.
Future Projects, chosen by the Lord Mayor and Sheriff of Norwich as the civic charity of the year, will hold a dinner and dance at St Andrew's Hall on December 22.
It will be one of the main fundraising events for the Earlham-based charity which provides education, training and support to disadvantaged young people and adults. It is hoped 200 people will attend on the night.
Lord Mayor Ralph Gayton said: 'The civic charity is something we regard as quite important and we selected Future Projects carefully as it lines up with mine and the Sheriff's beliefs in terms of providing education for those who are disadvantaged and we were impressed with their services.
'The dinner-dance is one of the main fundraisers we are organising and we're hoping for a good attendance. It will be a good evening – there will be dancing, music and hopefully we'll raise as much as we can for the charity.'
You may also want to watch:
The evening will include a three-course meal provided by Brasted's restaurant in Framingham Pigot, entertainment, live music, games, competitions and a charity auction.
Daniel Childerhouse, the charity's chief executive, said: 'We really want people to come along and have a good time and help the charity at the same time.'
- 1 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 2 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 3 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 4 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 5 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 6 The roadworks you need to know about in Norwich this week
- 7 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 New sculpture trail launched for park near Norwich
- 10 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
Tickets cost �60 per person. For tickets, send a cheque payable to 'Future Projects' to 168B Motum Road, Norwich, NR5 8EG.