Cuppa for a good cause at Thorpe St Andrew cafe
Getting together for a cup of tea and a chat has helped people in Thorpe St Andrew raise money for the local youth club.
The Salvation Army have been running a community caf� on Thursday mornings throughout the summer at the Morse Pavilion on the Laundry Lane recreation ground in Thorpe St Andrew.
Held between 10am and midday every Thursday, any profits made go to the Salvation Army's Youth Caf� for 10- to 14-year-olds in Dussindale.
The community caf� is run by Salvation Army member and local town councillor Eleanor Laming, who has been really pleased with the success of the weekly meeting this summer.
She said: 'It's been quite popular, particularly over the school holidays for parents bringing their kids to the park but also for local elderly people or people out walking their dogs.
You may also want to watch:
'The town council have been really supportive in letting us use the building and it's run by volunteers so the prices are low and any profit we make goes to the youth club.
'We've hopefully raised �100 so far, it might be a bit more, but at least �100 so I'm pleased with that.'
- 1 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 2 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
- 5 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 6 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 7 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 8 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 9 Child sex abuse victim: 'I'm still angry, but haven't let him ruin my life'
- 10 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
The community caf� will continue to be held until Thursday, September 22, but it if there is sufficient support the Salvation Army plan to run it again next year.
Mrs Laming added: 'A lot of people have said they would like to see the caf� running again next year. It would be nice to keep it going through the winter but the building we use isn't really suitable for that.'
Have you got a community story in the Thorpe area? Call local reporter Annabelle Dickson on 01603 772426 or email firstname.lastname@example.org