Crufts win for Norfolk dogs
Adam GrettonDog owners in Norfolk have scooped top awards at Crufts.The county can boast having the best miniature poodle, Siberian husky, Nova Scotia duck tolling retriever, and Canadian Eskimo dog in the country.Adam Gretton
Dog owners in Norfolk have scooped top awards at Crufts.
The county can boast having the best miniature poodle, Siberian husky, Nova Scotia duck tolling retriever, and Canadian Eskimo dog in the country.
Months of preparation came to a conclusion at the weekend for the finals of the 2010 DFS Crufts at Birmingham's NEC, which involved 28,000 canine entries.
Local best of breed winners included four-year-old miniature poodle, Frankie, and her owner Kim Evans, of Shelfanger Road, Diss. The 42-year-old, who honed her skills at Fakenham and District Dog Training Club, has been breeding and showing miniature poodles for 15 years.
You may also want to watch:
Sixteen-year-old Kim Goldspink, of Foulsham, near Dereham, saw her four-year-old Nova Scotia duck tolling retriever, Kenzie, win best of breed on their Crufts debut. The award comes after Kenzie was rejected as a hearing dog for deaf people.
A four-year-old Siberian husky, Nik, and his Oxborough owner, Ali Koops, also celebrated a best of breed rosette.
- 1 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 2 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 3 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 4 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 5 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 6 New bus and cycle lane opens after traffic disruption into city
- 7 What next for The Birdcage in Norwich?
- 8 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 9 Jailed in Norfolk last week: Drug dealer, £1.3m fraudster and paedophile
- 10 Music shop for rent after couple bow out after 34 years
Meanwhile, Thetford stable yard foreman David Salter claimed the best of breed award with Ash, an eight-year-old Canadian Eskimo dog.
Jane Anderson, from Wroxham, and her Australian kelpie bindi, who are members of the Coltishall Agility Club, won the ABC Agility final at Crufts.