Crufts win for Norfolk dogs
Adam GrettonDog owners in Norfolk have scooped top awards at Crufts.The county can boast having the best miniature poodle, Siberian husky, Nova Scotia duck tolling retriever, and Canadian Eskimo dog in the country.Adam Gretton
Dog owners in Norfolk have scooped top awards at Crufts.
The county can boast having the best miniature poodle, Siberian husky, Nova Scotia duck tolling retriever, and Canadian Eskimo dog in the country.
Months of preparation came to a conclusion at the weekend for the finals of the 2010 DFS Crufts at Birmingham's NEC, which involved 28,000 canine entries.
Local best of breed winners included four-year-old miniature poodle, Frankie, and her owner Kim Evans, of Shelfanger Road, Diss. The 42-year-old, who honed her skills at Fakenham and District Dog Training Club, has been breeding and showing miniature poodles for 15 years.
You may also want to watch:
Sixteen-year-old Kim Goldspink, of Foulsham, near Dereham, saw her four-year-old Nova Scotia duck tolling retriever, Kenzie, win best of breed on their Crufts debut. The award comes after Kenzie was rejected as a hearing dog for deaf people.
A four-year-old Siberian husky, Nik, and his Oxborough owner, Ali Koops, also celebrated a best of breed rosette.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 5 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 6 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 7 Norwich man wanted by police
- 8 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
Meanwhile, Thetford stable yard foreman David Salter claimed the best of breed award with Ash, an eight-year-old Canadian Eskimo dog.
Jane Anderson, from Wroxham, and her Australian kelpie bindi, who are members of the Coltishall Agility Club, won the ABC Agility final at Crufts.