Crufts win for Norfolk dogs
Adam GrettonDog owners in Norfolk have scooped top awards at Crufts.The county can boast having the best miniature poodle, Siberian husky, Nova Scotia duck tolling retriever, and Canadian Eskimo dog in the country.Adam Gretton
Dog owners in Norfolk have scooped top awards at Crufts.
The county can boast having the best miniature poodle, Siberian husky, Nova Scotia duck tolling retriever, and Canadian Eskimo dog in the country.
Months of preparation came to a conclusion at the weekend for the finals of the 2010 DFS Crufts at Birmingham's NEC, which involved 28,000 canine entries.
Local best of breed winners included four-year-old miniature poodle, Frankie, and her owner Kim Evans, of Shelfanger Road, Diss. The 42-year-old, who honed her skills at Fakenham and District Dog Training Club, has been breeding and showing miniature poodles for 15 years.
Sixteen-year-old Kim Goldspink, of Foulsham, near Dereham, saw her four-year-old Nova Scotia duck tolling retriever, Kenzie, win best of breed on their Crufts debut. The award comes after Kenzie was rejected as a hearing dog for deaf people.
A four-year-old Siberian husky, Nik, and his Oxborough owner, Ali Koops, also celebrated a best of breed rosette.
- 1 School sacks suspended teacher after investigation and petition
- 2 U-turn on city bike shop closure
- 3 Former city sex shop up for sale
- 4 Dispute with council over legal cannabis use following eviction from home
- 5 Fireworks, food stalls and music planned for jubilee party near Norwich
- 6 Man accused of murder refuses to appear in court
- 7 'Awe and disbelief' as thousands of bees swarm pub garden
- 8 Road cleared following crash near KFC in Mile Cross
- 9 Norwich Western Link route change report delayed
- 10 Jailed this week: County lines gang and man found with cocaine in his car
Meanwhile, Thetford stable yard foreman David Salter claimed the best of breed award with Ash, an eight-year-old Canadian Eskimo dog.
Jane Anderson, from Wroxham, and her Australian kelpie bindi, who are members of the Coltishall Agility Club, won the ABC Agility final at Crufts.