Crufts win for Norfolk dogs
Adam GrettonDog owners in Norfolk have scooped top awards at Crufts.The county can boast having the best miniature poodle, Siberian husky, Nova Scotia duck tolling retriever, and Canadian Eskimo dog in the country.Adam Gretton
Dog owners in Norfolk have scooped top awards at Crufts.
The county can boast having the best miniature poodle, Siberian husky, Nova Scotia duck tolling retriever, and Canadian Eskimo dog in the country.
Months of preparation came to a conclusion at the weekend for the finals of the 2010 DFS Crufts at Birmingham's NEC, which involved 28,000 canine entries.
Local best of breed winners included four-year-old miniature poodle, Frankie, and her owner Kim Evans, of Shelfanger Road, Diss. The 42-year-old, who honed her skills at Fakenham and District Dog Training Club, has been breeding and showing miniature poodles for 15 years.
You may also want to watch:
Sixteen-year-old Kim Goldspink, of Foulsham, near Dereham, saw her four-year-old Nova Scotia duck tolling retriever, Kenzie, win best of breed on their Crufts debut. The award comes after Kenzie was rejected as a hearing dog for deaf people.
A four-year-old Siberian husky, Nik, and his Oxborough owner, Ali Koops, also celebrated a best of breed rosette.
- 1 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 2 Wine bar collapse costs council £70k after lease blunder
- 3 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 4 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 5 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
- 6 Inquest opens into death of 13-year-old Norwich girl
- 7 Full list of Norwich Market stalls open or delivering during lockdown
- 8 Norwich man admits supplying drugs to small group of friends
- 9 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 10 NHS asks 200 council staff to help in Norfolk hospitals
Meanwhile, Thetford stable yard foreman David Salter claimed the best of breed award with Ash, an eight-year-old Canadian Eskimo dog.
Jane Anderson, from Wroxham, and her Australian kelpie bindi, who are members of the Coltishall Agility Club, won the ABC Agility final at Crufts.