Woman in her 70s sexually assaulted in Norwich underpass
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 70s has been sexually assaulted in Norwich in what police have described as a 'particularly disturbing attack'.
The victim was walking along the Chapelfield Road/Queens Road underpass, towards the St Stephens Street exit, at approximately 1.10pm on Friday August 17 when the attack happened.
She heard the suspect and another man laughing and joking nearby, and was then touched inappropriately by the suspect.
The suspect and his companion then left the area and were seen outside Iceland on St Stephens Street.
PC Jamie Willetts said: 'This is a particularly disturbing attack given the age of the victim and the public location.
'I would urge anyone with information to come forward and help us find the person responsible.
'We believe the suspect had a row with a passer-by, another man completely unconnected to the assault but who was in the underpass at the same time, and we're particularly keen to speak to him too.'
- 1 All-you-can-eat Chinese buffet at Riverside closes
- 2 Are you the mystery Norwich builder Peter Crouch is searching for?
- 3 Military helicopters spotted flying over Norfolk
- 4 Much-loved dungaree brand to open one of only three UK stores in Norwich
- 5 A47 dualling gets government green light
- 6 Chim chim, I do! Couple tie the knot in Mary Poppins-themed wedding
- 7 Missing Taverham man found safe and well
- 8 Man in 20s arrested outside new Tesco store in city centre
- 9 Business park given green light to expand by more than 50pc
- 10 Hidden 90-acre wildlife haven in city secured after £600k investment
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Willetts at Norfolk Police on 101.
If you have any information about this crime, you can also contact the independent charity Crimestoppers 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111.