Woman in her 70s sexually assaulted in Norwich underpass
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 70s has been sexually assaulted in Norwich in what police have described as a 'particularly disturbing attack'.
The victim was walking along the Chapelfield Road/Queens Road underpass, towards the St Stephens Street exit, at approximately 1.10pm on Friday August 17 when the attack happened.
She heard the suspect and another man laughing and joking nearby, and was then touched inappropriately by the suspect.
The suspect and his companion then left the area and were seen outside Iceland on St Stephens Street.
PC Jamie Willetts said: 'This is a particularly disturbing attack given the age of the victim and the public location.
You may also want to watch:
'I would urge anyone with information to come forward and help us find the person responsible.
'We believe the suspect had a row with a passer-by, another man completely unconnected to the assault but who was in the underpass at the same time, and we're particularly keen to speak to him too.'
- 1 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 2 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 3 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 4 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
- 5 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 6 This is where you can park for free in Norwich
- 7 WATCH: Bus and cyclist skip red light in city
- 8 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 9 Six new cafes and shops coming to Norwich
- 10 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Willetts at Norfolk Police on 101.
If you have any information about this crime, you can also contact the independent charity Crimestoppers 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111.