Woman dealing on behalf of ‘Chris’ drug network avoids jail
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A 48-year-old Norwich woman caught dealing on behalf of the 'Chris' drug line has avoided a prison sentence.
Norwich Crown Court heard how Michelle Clarke met with 'Tommo' in the Penn Grove area of the city on January 22 after he called the 'Chris' line on a mobile phone.
Mr Youell, prosecuting, said she had provided him with two wraps of cocaine for £20.
He said Clarke, who pleaded guilty to one count of supplying a Class-A drug, was further down the scale in the 'Chris' network than Ali Khan.
Judge Anthony Bate said Clarke had not 'been in trouble' for the past 17 years, adding she had one conviction for two previous offences of shop lifting.
You may also want to watch:
He said in a pre-sentence report she explained the incident was a 'calculated risk'.
Judge Bate sentenced her to two years in prison, suspended for 18 months. She must also undertake a six-month drug rehabilitation requirement.
- 1 All the major 2021 Norwich events scheduled to go ahead
- 2 Award-winning Norfolk school appoints new headteacher
- 3 Road closure warning for £940,000 traffic shake-up in Norwich
- 4 Teenager jailed for sexual offences in Norwich
- 5 Not so fast Thomas. Farke dismisses Brentford boss claims after 1-0 City win
- 6 Craig David announces 2021 outdoor concert in Norwich
- 7 No recent virus cases in more than a quarter of Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 'Size doesn't matter': Three pals get go-ahead for city micropub
- 9 Norwich City fan recovering after 52-day Covid hospital battle
- 10 Mum tells how condition has made son, 10, throw himself down stairs