Elderly man with walking stick sexually assaults woman cyclist in Norwich
- Credit: Google Streetview
A woman has been sexually assaulted by an elderly man while cycling down a Norwich road.
The incident happened shortly after 11.45am on Wednesday (January 10) when the victim, a woman aged in her 40s, was cycling along Chartwell Road and was approached by an elderly man.
She was stopped on her bike before he pushed himself up against her and touched her inappropriately.
The victim then pushed the suspect away before cycling home and reporting the incident to the police.
The man is described as being white, aged 70 to 80-years-old, around 5ft 10, of a medium build and having white hair. He was wearing a grey/white tweed flat cap, a grey/beige big coat and had a walking stick.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the incident or anyone with information, should contact PC Ivor McNaugher at Sprowston Police Station on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 2 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 3 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 4 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 5 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 6 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 7 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 8 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 10 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears