Elderly man with walking stick sexually assaults woman cyclist in Norwich
- Credit: Google Streetview
A woman has been sexually assaulted by an elderly man while cycling down a Norwich road.
The incident happened shortly after 11.45am on Wednesday (January 10) when the victim, a woman aged in her 40s, was cycling along Chartwell Road and was approached by an elderly man.
She was stopped on her bike before he pushed himself up against her and touched her inappropriately.
The victim then pushed the suspect away before cycling home and reporting the incident to the police.
The man is described as being white, aged 70 to 80-years-old, around 5ft 10, of a medium build and having white hair. He was wearing a grey/white tweed flat cap, a grey/beige big coat and had a walking stick.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the incident or anyone with information, should contact PC Ivor McNaugher at Sprowston Police Station on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Riverside dog-friendly bar opens in city for summertime
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Major names coming to Norwich as big top to be erected in Cathedral Close
- 4 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 6 Cut above the rest: Hair salon premises for sale
- 7 Man, 28, wanted by police in Norfolk
- 8 Botanical Garden Bar returning to Norwich after 'huge level of interest'
- 9 Car and lorry crash on busy Norwich road
- 10 Is it time to give St Stephens Street a revamp?