Elderly man with walking stick sexually assaults woman cyclist in Norwich
- Credit: Google Streetview
A woman has been sexually assaulted by an elderly man while cycling down a Norwich road.
The incident happened shortly after 11.45am on Wednesday (January 10) when the victim, a woman aged in her 40s, was cycling along Chartwell Road and was approached by an elderly man.
She was stopped on her bike before he pushed himself up against her and touched her inappropriately.
The victim then pushed the suspect away before cycling home and reporting the incident to the police.
The man is described as being white, aged 70 to 80-years-old, around 5ft 10, of a medium build and having white hair. He was wearing a grey/white tweed flat cap, a grey/beige big coat and had a walking stick.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the incident or anyone with information, should contact PC Ivor McNaugher at Sprowston Police Station on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Road to close for three nights for £100,000 work
- 2 Student and partner woke to see burglar at end of bed
- 3 Builder wants zero affordable homes in development – after promising 13
- 4 Road closed after police incident in Norwich
- 5 Big Issue seller on how lockdown pushed him closer to homelessness
- 6 N&N staff first in UK to use pioneering Covid saliva tests
- 7 Road closures as police dealt with concerns over people's safety
- 8 Drama as police plane circles villages for missing person
- 9 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 10 Comedy in the Park and Britannia Pier shows among confirmed 2021 events