Witness appeal renewed into murder of man in Rose Lane, Norwich
Police are renewing appeals for witnesses a month after a Portuguese man was murdered in Norwich.
A post mortem revealed that Honorato Alberto Christovao, 54, died as a result of serious head injuries suffered during an assault shortly before 1.30am in Rose Lane on February 10.
Mr Christovao, also known to many as 'Albie', had lived in this country for many years having moved here from Portugal. He had health problems and was particularly frail at the time of this attack.
Detective Chief Inspector Neil Luckett, from the major investigations team ,said: 'We are a month into the investigation and we are still seeking witnesses who were in the area of Parmentergate Court and Rose Lane on the night of February 9 and early hours of February 10.
'We know that Mr Christovao went out with his partner that evening shortly before 1.30am and that they were attacked by three males. Two of the males are described as being black and aged between 25 and 30. One was of stocky build with short hair, and the other with longer hair and slim build.
You may also want to watch:
'The exact motive for this assault is still unclear but we are looking at all aspects of Albie's life to help find out why this attack took place and identify who carried it out. At the time of the attack Albie was very frail and would not have been able to really defend himself which makes this attack particularly callous.
'I would appeal to anyone who has any information about who carried out this attack or who was in the area of Parmentergate Court and Rose Lane between midnight and 2am on that evening to come forward - no matter how insignificant any information may seem.'
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 Jailed in July: Drug dealing, knife crime and manslaughter
- 3 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 4 Ex-filling station set to become kebab and pizza takeaway
- 5 Duo launch new business inspired by Norwich coffee culture
- 6 Woman's mission to block traffic for 'car free' street party
- 7 Indian restaurant hit by 'hackers' among top 10pc on TripAdvisor
- 8 Three teens arrested in connection with Norwich stabbing
- 9 Police boss speaks out after spate of shocking deaths
- 10 'How could somebody do this?' - Clothes stolen from domestic abuse charity
Two men aged 19 and 21 from the London area and two women aged 33 and 49 from the Norwich area, who were arrested in connection with the incident, remain on police bail.
Anyone with information should contact the MIT on 0845 456 4567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.