Wheelchair user topples over after being robbed by man wearing a balaclava in Norwich
- Credit: ARCHANT LTD
Police are appealing for witnesses after a woman in a wheelchair was robbed in Norwich.
The victim was in Langley Walk at around 10.50am on Monday when a man wearing a balaclava approached her from behind.
The suspect tried to take the handbag, causing the wheelchair to topple over. The suspect then took a purse from the handbag before making off towards Old Palace road.
The victim was not injured during the incident.
Anyone who may have witnessed the robbery, or anyone with information, should contact DC Michael Cox at Norwich CID on 101.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 3 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 4 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Financial clause revealed in Rashica move to Norwich City
- 7 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 8 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 9 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 10 Pasta and cocktails bar opens in Norwich