Wheelchair user topples over after being robbed by man wearing a balaclava in Norwich
- Credit: ARCHANT LTD
Police are appealing for witnesses after a woman in a wheelchair was robbed in Norwich.
The victim was in Langley Walk at around 10.50am on Monday when a man wearing a balaclava approached her from behind.
The suspect tried to take the handbag, causing the wheelchair to topple over. The suspect then took a purse from the handbag before making off towards Old Palace road.
The victim was not injured during the incident.
Anyone who may have witnessed the robbery, or anyone with information, should contact DC Michael Cox at Norwich CID on 101.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 2 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 3 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 4 Former village pub for sale as home
- 5 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 6 'Accidents waiting to happen' - Mum vows not to give up 20mph fight
- 7 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 8 Opposition grows over charges to park in Norwich parks
- 9 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 10 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel