Wheelchair user topples over after being robbed by man wearing a balaclava in Norwich
- Credit: ARCHANT LTD
Police are appealing for witnesses after a woman in a wheelchair was robbed in Norwich.
The victim was in Langley Walk at around 10.50am on Monday when a man wearing a balaclava approached her from behind.
The suspect tried to take the handbag, causing the wheelchair to topple over. The suspect then took a purse from the handbag before making off towards Old Palace road.
The victim was not injured during the incident.
Anyone who may have witnessed the robbery, or anyone with information, should contact DC Michael Cox at Norwich CID on 101.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 3 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 4 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 5 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 7 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 8 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 9 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 10 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home