Volkswagen Touran driver in Lakenham crash arrested over alleged drug, insurance and alcohol offences
A 27-year-old Norwich man has been arrested on suspicion of a litany of driving and drug offences.
A grey VW Touran hit a lamppost and the bridge at the junction of Hall Road and Mansfield Lane in Lakenham, at around 6.20am on Saturday December 17.
Three people in the car were seriously hurt with head, leg, pelvic and shoulder injuries.
All three were taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
A man was arrested on suspicion of driving whilst disqualified, driving without insurance, drink driving, drug driving, vehicle taking, assault and possession of cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
Officers want to speak to anyone who saw the Volkswagen or the crash. Calls should be made to PC Colin Savage at Wymondham Roads Policing on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 2 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 3 Police still at scene of daylight knife attack
- 4 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 5 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 6 Traffic shake-ups put forward for four roads in Norwich
- 7 Office plan revealed for part of disused city pub
- 8 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing