Volkswagen Touran driver in Lakenham crash arrested over alleged drug, insurance and alcohol offences
A 27-year-old Norwich man has been arrested on suspicion of a litany of driving and drug offences.
A grey VW Touran hit a lamppost and the bridge at the junction of Hall Road and Mansfield Lane in Lakenham, at around 6.20am on Saturday December 17.
Three people in the car were seriously hurt with head, leg, pelvic and shoulder injuries.
All three were taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
A man was arrested on suspicion of driving whilst disqualified, driving without insurance, drink driving, drug driving, vehicle taking, assault and possession of cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
Officers want to speak to anyone who saw the Volkswagen or the crash. Calls should be made to PC Colin Savage at Wymondham Roads Policing on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 3 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 4 Norwich pub allowed to reopen after licensing u-turn
- 5 'It's very very noisy' - broken manhole cover keeps couple awake at night
- 6 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 7 New Danish bakery in Norwich sells over 1,000 pastries in first week
- 8 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 9 Axe for Norwich Tourist Information Centre as closure announced
- 10 Measures taken to make dog walkers feel safer in Norwich park