Volkswagen Touran driver in Lakenham crash arrested over alleged drug, insurance and alcohol offences
A 27-year-old Norwich man has been arrested on suspicion of a litany of driving and drug offences.
A grey VW Touran hit a lamppost and the bridge at the junction of Hall Road and Mansfield Lane in Lakenham, at around 6.20am on Saturday December 17.
Three people in the car were seriously hurt with head, leg, pelvic and shoulder injuries.
All three were taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
A man was arrested on suspicion of driving whilst disqualified, driving without insurance, drink driving, drug driving, vehicle taking, assault and possession of cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
Officers want to speak to anyone who saw the Volkswagen or the crash. Calls should be made to PC Colin Savage at Wymondham Roads Policing on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 4 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours