Volkswagen Touran driver in Lakenham crash arrested over alleged drug, insurance and alcohol offences
A 27-year-old Norwich man has been arrested on suspicion of a litany of driving and drug offences.
A grey VW Touran hit a lamppost and the bridge at the junction of Hall Road and Mansfield Lane in Lakenham, at around 6.20am on Saturday December 17.
Three people in the car were seriously hurt with head, leg, pelvic and shoulder injuries.
All three were taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
A man was arrested on suspicion of driving whilst disqualified, driving without insurance, drink driving, drug driving, vehicle taking, assault and possession of cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
Officers want to speak to anyone who saw the Volkswagen or the crash. Calls should be made to PC Colin Savage at Wymondham Roads Policing on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 2 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 5 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 6 'A great guy' - Tributes to much-loved City fan who travelled home and away
- 7 Where are the best rooftop bars in Norwich?
- 8 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 9 More than a dozen arrests in Norwich on Saturday night
- 10 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale