Video: Car crashes near Norwich pub narrowly missing punters
A 4X4 came careering around a bend before crashing into traffic lights outside a Norwich pub - narrowly missing punters who were enjoying a Saturday night out with friends.
The car hurtled down Magpie Road and turned left into Magdalen Road, but took the bend too quickly, and hit traffic lights outside the Artichoke pub.
It happened at about 9pm on Saturday, January 22, which landlord Dave Baldry said was the busiest time of the week.
He said: 'It could have been a lot worse, because the traffic lights are not very far from the outside seating area of the pub, where a lot of people were gathered at that time. The driver of the car was laughing. He drove off without stopping.'
Norfolk police are investigating the incident.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 2 Noise concerns spark more than 40 objections to new city venue bid
- 3 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 4 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 5 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 6 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 7 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 8 Shoe outlet opens first city centre branch in former Carphone Warehouse
- 9 'More of a service than a business': Bid to turn pub into local shop
- 10 'Turn up!' Groomer's plea to no-show pet owners