Video: Car crashes near Norwich pub narrowly missing punters
A 4X4 came careering around a bend before crashing into traffic lights outside a Norwich pub - narrowly missing punters who were enjoying a Saturday night out with friends.
The car hurtled down Magpie Road and turned left into Magdalen Road, but took the bend too quickly, and hit traffic lights outside the Artichoke pub.
It happened at about 9pm on Saturday, January 22, which landlord Dave Baldry said was the busiest time of the week.
He said: 'It could have been a lot worse, because the traffic lights are not very far from the outside seating area of the pub, where a lot of people were gathered at that time. The driver of the car was laughing. He drove off without stopping.'
Norfolk police are investigating the incident.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 2 Man, 47, in court on murder charge after Thorpe stabbing
- 3 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 4 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 5 Long-suffering A11 drivers to benefit as 50-year-old road replaced
- 6 Pet carer service's appeal to survive after Covid and faulty van struggles
- 7 Meat factory for sale for £1.2million earmarked for homes
- 8 Police and air ambulance called to major incident near Norwich
- 9 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 10 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich