Video: Car crashes near Norwich pub narrowly missing punters
A 4X4 came careering around a bend before crashing into traffic lights outside a Norwich pub - narrowly missing punters who were enjoying a Saturday night out with friends.
The car hurtled down Magpie Road and turned left into Magdalen Road, but took the bend too quickly, and hit traffic lights outside the Artichoke pub.
It happened at about 9pm on Saturday, January 22, which landlord Dave Baldry said was the busiest time of the week.
He said: 'It could have been a lot worse, because the traffic lights are not very far from the outside seating area of the pub, where a lot of people were gathered at that time. The driver of the car was laughing. He drove off without stopping.'
Norfolk police are investigating the incident.
- 1 Customers in shock as parking charges rack up at retail park
- 2 Neighbourhood bemused after garage turned into barber shop
- 3 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 4 Protest planned as anger grows against 725 homes plan
- 5 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 6 City schools to share one site as building returned to council
- 7 Five of Norwich's best takeaways according to our readers
- 8 New beer and burrito bar opens in city centre
- 9 Arrest after man found with large quantity of cannabis and lock knife
- 10 Former City defender Klose training with Championship club