Two men charged with Norwich robbery
Two men have been charged in connection with a robbery at a Norwich newsagent's shop.
Leland Edward McClinton, 34, of no fixed address, and Tito Arthur, 38, of Peterkin Road, Tuckswood, Norwich, have both been charged with robbery.
The allegations relate to an incident at Gerry's News in Waterloo Road, off Magdalen Road, on Thursday, January 20.
Both men have been remanded in custody.
McClinton is due to reappear at Norwich Magistrates' Court tomorrow. Arthur is due at Norwich Crown Court on Friday, February 4.
You may also want to watch:
As reported previously, a shopkeeper was injured after attempting to stop men stealing the till from the shop, which is also known as the Happy Shopper Waterloo Food and Wine shop.
It is alleged that two men entered the shop and stole the till at about 6.25am.
- 1 City fan park takes shape ahead of England's Euro 2020 opener
- 2 'People love it' - Landlady opens second pub in Earlham Road
- 3 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 4 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 5 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 6 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 7 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 8 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 9 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 10 Police issue urgent appeal for witnesses after sexual assault in Norwich