Two men charged with Norwich robbery
Two men have been charged in connection with a robbery at a Norwich newsagent's shop.
Leland Edward McClinton, 34, of no fixed address, and Tito Arthur, 38, of Peterkin Road, Tuckswood, Norwich, have both been charged with robbery.
The allegations relate to an incident at Gerry's News in Waterloo Road, off Magdalen Road, on Thursday, January 20.
Both men have been remanded in custody.
McClinton is due to reappear at Norwich Magistrates' Court tomorrow. Arthur is due at Norwich Crown Court on Friday, February 4.
You may also want to watch:
As reported previously, a shopkeeper was injured after attempting to stop men stealing the till from the shop, which is also known as the Happy Shopper Waterloo Food and Wine shop.
It is alleged that two men entered the shop and stole the till at about 6.25am.
- 1 Norwich restaurants and pubs reopening in April
- 2 New pasta and cocktail bar to open in Norwich
- 3 Tributes to the 'face of Norwich bus station' after Covid death
- 4 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 5 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 6 'Spoiled the enjoyment' - Park bench damaged as engraving cut off
- 7 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 8 Calls for bridge to stop A47 dualling work leaving villagers cut off
- 9 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 10 Road to close for three nights for £100,000 work