Two men charged with Norwich robbery
Two men have been charged in connection with a robbery at a Norwich newsagent's shop.
Leland Edward McClinton, 34, of no fixed address, and Tito Arthur, 38, of Peterkin Road, Tuckswood, Norwich, have both been charged with robbery.
The allegations relate to an incident at Gerry's News in Waterloo Road, off Magdalen Road, on Thursday, January 20.
Both men have been remanded in custody.
McClinton is due to reappear at Norwich Magistrates' Court tomorrow. Arthur is due at Norwich Crown Court on Friday, February 4.
As reported previously, a shopkeeper was injured after attempting to stop men stealing the till from the shop, which is also known as the Happy Shopper Waterloo Food and Wine shop.
It is alleged that two men entered the shop and stole the till at about 6.25am.
- 1 Customers in shock as parking charges rack up at retail park
- 2 Neighbourhood bemused after garage turned into barber shop
- 3 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 4 Protest planned as anger grows against 725 homes plan
- 5 Arrest after man found with large quantity of cannabis and lock knife
- 6 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 7 Neighbours saw homeowner using hosepipe to fight flames of school building
- 8 Five of Norwich's best takeaways according to our readers
- 9 Former City defender Klose training with Championship club
- 10 New beer and burrito bar opens in city centre