Two men charged with Norwich robbery
Two men have been charged in connection with a robbery at a Norwich newsagent's shop.
Leland Edward McClinton, 34, of no fixed address, and Tito Arthur, 38, of Peterkin Road, Tuckswood, Norwich, have both been charged with robbery.
The allegations relate to an incident at Gerry's News in Waterloo Road, off Magdalen Road, on Thursday, January 20.
Both men have been remanded in custody.
McClinton is due to reappear at Norwich Magistrates' Court tomorrow. Arthur is due at Norwich Crown Court on Friday, February 4.
You may also want to watch:
As reported previously, a shopkeeper was injured after attempting to stop men stealing the till from the shop, which is also known as the Happy Shopper Waterloo Food and Wine shop.
It is alleged that two men entered the shop and stole the till at about 6.25am.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 3 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 4 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 5 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 8 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 9 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 10 Bars, restaurants and shops - Five new openings in Norwich this September