Topless drunk 'idiot' caught running into traffic
- Credit: Archant
A drunk man who was caught running into traffic while topless has apologised “for being an idiot”.
Police received multiple calls from members of the public to reports of a topless man who was drunk and “running into traffic” in the city.
Norwich Magistrates Court heard officers found Ryan Carlin, 31, in the middle of the road in Goldwell Road, Norwich, on December 5 last year with no clothes on his top half.
Robyn Khan, prosecuting said Carlin had “slurred speech” and “smelt of alcohol”.
Carlin, of Kensington Place, Norwich, appeared in court on Friday, February 12 when he admitted being drunk and disorderly in a public place.
Representing himself, Carlin said: "I’m just sorry for being an idiot.
“I lost my job a couple of days prior to what happened and that was probably part of it”.
- 1 Fresh questions over 'Japanese restaurant' in Norwich home
- 2 Police concerned for 25-year-old missing man from Norwich
- 3 Vigil begins as body of 'selfless' nurse arrives at cathedral
- 4 Councillor questions need for new homes plan near Norwich
- 5 Road closure warning for £940,000 traffic shake-up in Norwich
- 6 What a view: Unique apartment in former Norwich school is for sale
- 7 Craig David announces 2021 outdoor concert in Norwich
- 8 'It's family and it was taken away' - how pandemic hit hospitality staff
- 9 Former city boxing champion denies threats to slash partner's throat
- 10 Not so fast Thomas. Farke dismisses Brentford boss claims after 1-0 City win
He was fined £80, ordered to pay £50 costs and a £34 victim surcharge.