Three people arrested following reports of an assault in Norwich
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Two men and a woman have been arrested after police officers were called to reports of an assault in Norwich.
Officers were called to Paragon Place, near Earlham Road at around 3.40pm yesterday (Monday, March 11) following reports a woman had been assaulted during a disturbance at an address in the street.
On arrival officers arrested a man in his 20s from the Norwich area on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of Class A drugs.
A woman, in her 40s, also from the Norwich area, was arrested on suspicion of permitting a premises to be used for the supply of drugs and a man in his 20s of no fixed address was arrested for breaching a restraining order.
Following the incident, superintendent Terry Lordan said: 'I hope our prompt response will reassure the local community that we will respond to information provided to us and that officers in Norwich remain committed to responding to reports of drug related crime in the city.'
You may also want to watch:
The woman who was assaulted did not require medical treatment and all three people remain in police custody.
- 1 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 2 Man due in court charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 3 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 4 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 5 Sweepers clean up in city after busy Saturday night - and punters behave
- 6 Public invited to have say on plans to convert derelict pub
- 7 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 8 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 9 Why The Sunday Times named Norwich one of the best places to live in 2021
- 10 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen