Three men arrested in six drug raids across Norfolk
- Credit: Jenny Comper
Three men have been arrested following drug raids in Sheringham and Norwich.
Police raided six properties in Norfolk yesterday morning, February 8, as part of an operation targeting cannabis production.
Raids in Sheringham and Norwich took place simultaneously. Five were in Sheringham – four on the High Street and one in Hardingham Drive – the other raid was on an address in Royal Sovereign Avenue in Norwich.
Cannabis grows were discovered in two flats on Sheringham High Street with approximately 75 mature plants in each.
Police cordons remain in place while officers dismantle and seize the grows.
Oskeol Zalli, 20, and of High Street in Sheringham, was arrested and taken to Aylsham police station for questioning. He was later charged with producing cannabis.
Zalli was remanded in police custody and is due to appear at Norwich Magistrates Court this morning, February 9.
- 1 WATCH: Taxi driver throws punch as narrow street causes aggro
- 2 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 3 Sign of the times: After 187 years jeweller Winsor Bishop changes name
- 4 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 5 City garden centre launches street food nights with popular vendors
- 6 Most desirable places to live in Norwich according to estate agents
- 7 'You owe us!': Furious holidaymakers demand compo
- 8 Cabbies could protest over lost £400 a month
- 9 'Disgusting!' Woman's fury over Simply Red toilets and access
- 10 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
Two further arrests were made, a 69-year-old at Hardingham Drive and a 66-year-old on the High Street.
Both were arrested on suspicion of cultivating cannabis and questioned at Aylsham police station.
They were released under investigation while enquiries continue.
Join our Norfolk Crime Watch Facebook group for all the latest crime news in the county.