Prolific thief targeted expensive cars in Norwich crime spree
- Credit: Archant
A prolific thief left a trail of damaged cars after a crime spree in a Norwich car park, a court heard.
Kevin Page, of no fixed address, has admitted breaking into eight cars to steal personal items at St Mary's Works near Duke Street.
The 37-year-old also admitted a burglary charge at Norwich Crown Court yesterday - and asked for 32 other offences to be taken into consideration.
The court heard he targeted cars including an Audi RS4 and a BMW during the incidents between July 17 and July 20 this year.
He also admitted five counts of attempted theft between the same dates.
You may also want to watch:
Other cars involved in the incident were an Audi TT, a Volkswagen Golf, and Audi A3 and a Ford Ka.
Page had previously denied the charges when he appeared at Norwich Magistrates' Court on July 23.
- 1 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 2 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 3 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 4 Daughters hold dad's hand one last time in emotional hospital goodbye
- 5 Bakery pushes back Norwich reopening date after daily taking dropped to £26
- 6 Coronavirus recovery centre never used in first wave to be opened
- 7 Motorcyclist taken to hospital with leg injuries after NDR crash
- 8 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 9 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 10 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
As well as the vehicle offences, Page faced a further charge of burglary from the weeks before the incidents at St Mary's Works.
He admitted stealing jewellery from a house on Calvert Street, Norwich, between May 31 and June 3 this year.
As well as the offences before him, Page asked for an additional 32 offences to be taken into consideration.
Judge Andrew Shaw adjourned the case for sentencing to take place on Friday October 5, with Page remanded in custody until then.
Speaking at the time of the incident, one of the vehicle's owners said she was 'devastated' when she found her car had been damaged, and had to pay more than £100 to repair the damage.
The 26-year-old, who did not want to be named, said: 'I received an email this morning which went out to everyone who uses the car park.
'It said there had been a few cars broken into, but I didn't think I would be affected.
'I thought surely they wouldn't break into my old car because I didn't have any valuables inside it, but then I went out to have a look and saw the smashed window and was devastated.'
The woman said it appeared as though someone had climbed inside her car after smashing the passenger window.
She said every compartment inside the vehicle had been opened, and that someone had 'rummaged' through her paperwork.