Theft of two gold chains in Norwich
Following the theft of two gold chains in Norwich last week, police in Tuckswood are appealing for information.
The incident happened on Earlham Road between 3.50pm and 4.10pm on Friday, April 1.
The victim, a 70-year-old man, was approached by two women close to the junction with Edinburgh Road who offered him jewellery to buy.
One of the women handed the man items of jewellery including rings and a gold chain which she placed around the victim's neck.
The man refused to purchase the items and the women took the jewellery back from him and left the scene.
You may also want to watch:
When the victim returned home he found his two gold chains had been swapped for similar looking ones.
Both women are described as white, aged between 40 and 45 with shoulder length dark brown hair and wearing long multi-colour dresses.
- 1 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 2 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Four fire crews called to car blaze in Norwich garage
- 6 Military begin coronavirus support at hospital
- 7 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 8 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 9 Two people ordered to stay out of Norfolk after Norwich stabbing
- 10 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
Officers would like to hear from anyone who may have noticed anything suspicious in the area between the times stated or from anyone with information in relation to the suspect.
Anyone with information should contact PC Aaron Parker at Tuckswood Police Station on 0845 456 4567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.