Theft of two gold chains in Norwich
Following the theft of two gold chains in Norwich last week, police in Tuckswood are appealing for information.
The incident happened on Earlham Road between 3.50pm and 4.10pm on Friday, April 1.
The victim, a 70-year-old man, was approached by two women close to the junction with Edinburgh Road who offered him jewellery to buy.
One of the women handed the man items of jewellery including rings and a gold chain which she placed around the victim's neck.
The man refused to purchase the items and the women took the jewellery back from him and left the scene.
When the victim returned home he found his two gold chains had been swapped for similar looking ones.
Both women are described as white, aged between 40 and 45 with shoulder length dark brown hair and wearing long multi-colour dresses.
- 1 Chim chim, I do! Couple tie the knot in Mary Poppins-themed wedding
- 2 Military helicopters spotted flying over Norfolk
- 3 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 4 See inside 'stunning' flat overlooking Norwich Market
- 5 Are you the mystery Norwich builder Peter Crouch is searching for?
- 6 All-you-can-eat Chinese buffet at Riverside closes
- 7 Blanket ban: Standing room only for Simply Red fans
- 8 Train evacuated after hitting horse on Norwich to Diss line
- 9 Hidden 90-acre wildlife haven in city secured after £600k investment
- 10 Missing Taverham man found safe and well
Officers would like to hear from anyone who may have noticed anything suspicious in the area between the times stated or from anyone with information in relation to the suspect.
Anyone with information should contact PC Aaron Parker at Tuckswood Police Station on 0845 456 4567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.